Fair price

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k9blek

Reaction score
I'm asking for a fair price point to ask for my RM100 (Black Palomino) with the matching 4x12 (empty). I've been out of the game for awhile and I'm going to move my RM100 head / cab. It's just too heavy for me to gig with. I'll keep my RM22 head so I can stay in the mts game. I never see these in the color scheme that I have so I assume it's sort of rare?? Anyway, I'll try to attach a link to a CL ad showing the monster 1/2 stack. Please let me know what you guys think would be a good price to ask and then I'll add the modules he wants to that. Thanks.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/msg/6023752718.html

Uh... ya I'm aware. I'm asking what I should ask in price. I put $1 because the price was going to depend on what modules (if any) they wanted.

That is a beautifull looking halve stack. For the empty head 350 to 450 $ would be a fair price. That is slightly more than I got my heads for, but yours are better looking.

I got most of my modules for 85 to 150$ on ebay.

The cab without speakers isnt worth much. But could be cool if a potential buyer can swap his own speaker. Does the cab have a line out, speaker simulated?

Otherwise give it away with the head as a bonus.

tschrama said:
That is a beautifull looking halve stack. For the empty head 350 to 450 $ would be a fair price. That is slightly more than I got my heads for, but yours are better looking.

I got most of my modules for 85 to 150$ on ebay.

The cab without speakers isnt worth much. But could be cool if a potential buyer can swap his own speaker. Does the cab have a line out, speaker simulated?

Otherwise give it away with the head as a bonus.

Thanks for chiming in tschrama. I've been wanting to respond to this for days but stopped myself. I agree w tschrama k9blek. $350 is a good price for an unloaded head. If you can get $450 you'd be extremely lucky to get that. The empty cab isn't worth $50. I've seen loaded cabs go for $150, and sometimes the speakers were worth more if they were sold separately.

$450 for a head loaded w stock modules.

You might be able to squeeze $650 out of this if you load the head and sell it as a package. ..but you'd really be pushing your luck trying to get that much.

Thanks guys ... I've had lots of people inquire about it but I just wasn't sure what to ask. I was right with the empty head ... 350-400 but I was off with the cab. I figured 200 for the empty cab.

now ... even with stock modules at $80 / piece ...it's only worth 450 then? So $100 extra for $240+ worth of modules? That seems a little off.

Either way I appreciate the input. That's why I'm here ! Now I just need a buyer who is serious !

eric

k9blek said:
Thanks guys ... I've had lots of people inquire about it but I just wasn't sure what to ask. I was right with the empty head ... 350-400 but I was off with the cab. I figured 200 for the empty cab.

now ... even with stock modules at $80 / piece ...it's only worth 450 then? So $100 extra for $240+ worth of modules? That seems a little off.

Either way I appreciate the input. That's why I'm here ! Now I just need a buyer who is serious !

eric

Well you could try to sell the Modules separate. Stockers are hard to sell but you can sell them.

I bought my 1st MTS head for $450 loaded. It had Blackface/XTC/UltraXL stock modules in it

You def don't get the same amount of money when you sell them together.

It's like I was saying about the cab. I have a 4x12 here that I considered selling. After a little research I figured out I could get about $75 ea for the speakers if I took them out and sold them individually. A loaded 4x12 cab is a hard sell though. Difficult to ship. My best option for it was to sell it locally and it looked like all I'd probably get was $150 for it loaded. I ended up just keeping it.

$350-$375 for the empty head and list the modules for $120 ea. Or, load it up and maybe get $475 (I guess you could bump it up and try to get $475).

The point of loading it up is that it will sell faster and you wont be stuck trying to sell those stock modules.

You could try to get more, but I see people trying to get more all the time and they just sit.

Very hard to sell these amps, anyone who doesn't know what they are is probably going to pas at any price on an unloaded head.

Fully loaded, at one point you could sell head and cab for $1k (potentiality eating $170-$200 in shipping of course.)

Nowadays....you'd have to accept a lot less to even move it...hopefully you can find a local buyer, all important cash in hand and no shipping...but not hopeful you'd get anymore than $500-$600.

I stopped valuing my stuff....so that I don't cry whenever I need t sell something.....like $550-$600 DUAL modules selling for under $300.

Yeah, selling MTS gear is pretty hard. You never really get your money back selling it.

$400-450 for the unloaded head is probably gonna be best price, but you could try $500 and see if you get any bites. With modules you might be able to get $700-800

Took me 4 months to sell my RM100(normal black one) head, listed it a bunch of times loaded and unloaded but got really crap offers. In the end I sold it for $600 with 3 stock modules just to get it out of my house.