New S1S0 and Camerica inbound

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
Anthony is building me a special S1S0 for my studio....It'll have an additional voicing toggle for my needs....

Cannot wait....Haven't played one since they came out a few years ago...

Not to mention the tricked out Camerica he's putting together for said studio as well....This one will end up with MORE options than Camerock...lol

I've always wondered about the S1S0 module. One of these days Ill probably buy one when I run out of other **** to buy LoL

Think about buying a Camerock all the time too. I'm guessing your Camerica is similar to that module Anthony built last year w 20 switches on it?

Should be a fun day when they come

Capt_Tippy said:
I've always wondered about the S1S0 module. One of these days Ill probably buy one when I run out of other s*&t to buy LoL

Think about buying a Camerock all the time too. I'm guessing your Camerica is similar to that module Anthony built last year w 20 switches on it?

Should be a fun day when they come

It's a good one. IIRC I sold mine as I preferred the Salvado Dlx for what was doing....Now I think I'm ready for the S1S0....If not, a hot sale on a new mod coming.... ;)

Ha, Well I can't imagine the DLX has a lot in common w the S1S0 does it? Isn't the S1S0 much more compressed? The reason I haven't bought an S1S0 yet is that I'm not 100% sure what to expect out of it. I have an idea in my mind, but I'm wondering if I'd be shocked to find it's totally different.

Yeah, they are different animals....I just thought they had a similar tone for leads the way I was dialing in and looking for at the time....

The S1S0 is a meaner, more compressed (in some modes), angrier module....

I can't wait!

Mattfig said:
Yeah, they are different animals....I just thought they had a similar tone for leads the way I was dialing in and looking for at the time....

I can't wait!

The s1s0 is a really aggressive animal. Usually I use it with jf erect, my 5150 and single recto are sitting in the corner, because the two modules together sound more aggressive yet articulate. Though without mda board the articulation was crap.

leonsun said:
Mattfig said:

I can't wait!

The s1s0 is a really aggressive animal. Usually I use it with jf erect, my 5150 and single recto are sitting in the corner, because the two modules together sound more aggressive yet articulate. Though without mda board the articulation was crap.

How do you find the S1So on its own compared to your 5150?
I have a 6505+ that I did the bias mod on, so even thought I am very interested to try the module I don't know if its wort it, particularly when a second hand 5150 is around the same price range as a new module.
What do you think?

shortlife said:
leonsun said:
Mattfig said:

I can't wait!

I have a 6505+ that I did the bias mod on, so even thought I am very interested to try the module I don't know if its wort it, particularly when a second hand 5150 is around the same price range as a new module.
What do you think?

My 5150 is a block letter old one, I think it sounds better than the new Peavey ones. What I've found that the sound structure is very similar, the s1s0 nails the sound. But, it doesn't need an overdrive which is a must in case of 5150, but somehow still keeps the fat low end, but tighter. I have low tuned guitars only with EMGs, the single note djent sounds more articulate in case of the module. So it nails the sound, but a bit tighter, more articulate, and much more versatile thanks to the several options. The peavey is only a one trick pony.

leonsun said:
shortlife said:
leonsun said:
Mattfig said:

I can't wait!

What do you think?

My 5150 is a block letter old one, I think it sounds better than the new Peavey ones. What I've found that the sound structure is very similar, the s1s0 nails the sound. But, it doesn't need an overdrive which is a must in case of 5150, but somehow still keeps the fat low end, but tighter. I have low tuned guitars only with EMGs, the single note djent sounds more articulate in case of the module. So it nails the sound, but a bit tighter, more articulate, and much more versatile thanks to the several options. The peavey is only a one trick pony.

OK, Thanks. Submitting to the GAS may be a good thing then :D

Mattfig, please keep us updated when you receive the modules, I'm very curious :) and actually it means that the donor modules arrived properly :)

I've been playing the **** out of my camerock. I'd love to see what that Camerica sounds like. I wonder if Anthony could build a CCM module? Its the never released ballsier brother of the CCV.

The Rossness said:
I've been playing the s*&t out of my camerock. I'd love to see what that Camerica sounds like. I wonder if Anthony could build a CCM module? Its the never released ballsier brother of the CCV.

Matt suggested a Camerica to me in late 2015. I've used it on more than 100 tracks since and it's my go to module.

Highly recommend.