Egnater Mod 50 trouble shooting

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k9blek

Reaction score
I just picked up a Mod 50 in a trade with a dual module. I played it for about 5 minutes or so (on the low power setting) and the sound went out. I switched it to stand by and tried the "high power" side. Nothing. Switch out cables and tried a new cabinet. nothing. I shut it off and then turned it back on after a few minutes to the "high power" section and it worked fine for a few minutes. I switched it to the low power setting and it worked for about 10 seconds before going out again. Tried to switch back to high power. Nothing. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

The serial loop jacks may need a cleaning. Try a short cable from send to return and see if that stops it from cutting out. If so use something like deoxit and spray on the cable plug and work that in/out of each jack.

FWIW, I have repaired a few of those where the High/Low standby switch has failed. I know Bruce had a bad run of them a few years back. Email me if you need help.

It actually seems to be working again. I'm not sure what happened but I changed the speaker cable out again. Maybe I didn't have it seated right or something? If it acts up again I'll get in contact Rob. Thanks man !

MarcoR said:
The serial loop jacks may need a cleaning. Try a short cable from send to return and see if that stops it from cutting out. If so use something like deoxit and spray on the cable plug and work that in/out of each jack.
This happened on mine too. Symptoms were random intermittent volume drops and cut outs. Sometimes it would work for weeks and then suddenly cut out. Hit the amp and it would be fine again a few more weeks. It got worse over the course of a year, until it happened often enough to diagnose the problem.

As MarcoR said, plugging in a short patch cable in the serial loop send/return fixed it until I was able to properly clean the contacts in the series return jack.

forensbro said:
New to the forum. Has anybody sent their Randall RM50 to Jaded Faith for MM transformer upgrades?

Yes I have a RM50 head and a RM50 combo that Rob did all of his upgrades to including the transformers. Big improvement over stock other than the extra weight of the heavier iron :lol: