MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Randall R412C MTS speaker cab wiring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Egnater / Randall Modular Amps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k9blek
RM100

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Help with Randall R412C MTS speaker cab wiring Reply with quote

I just loaded a Randall 412CBP cab up with speakers and I can't seem to find a good diagram for how to wire it back up. I unloaded it about 2 years ago so I forgot ! I have four 8 ohm speakers in it. It has the plate on the back that you can run 4 OHM mono, 16 OHM mono, or 8 ohm each jack stereo. It has the stereo / mono switch. Any help would be appreciated. thanks !
RM22/100BP-JF Legato/PlexiTweed/Silverado - Good deals: schlagdog, khingpynn, Nitrous, alowerdeep,rlord1974,BIGKAHUNA,ColdMachine, c2ply,RisingFarce,MattFigOldTimer,JimW427,and Kevrock25, L82theParty,Nitrous,
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
Bradle
RM20

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would assume that your cab came with 16 Ohm speakers originally and as far as I know you can't get 4 X 8 Ohm speakers to work like the rear plate says (4/16mono) If having a stereo cab doesn't matter then I'd just wire it up minus the switch and second I jack like this -

https://wgsusa.com/how-properly-wire-4x12-speaker-cabinet
k9blek
RM100

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that might explain why I can't find a schematic that works. Damn! I went out of my way to get 8ohm speakers for nothing!
RM22/100BP-JF Legato/PlexiTweed/Silverado - Good deals: schlagdog, khingpynn, Nitrous, alowerdeep,rlord1974,BIGKAHUNA,ColdMachine, c2ply,RisingFarce,MattFigOldTimer,JimW427,and Kevrock25, L82theParty,Nitrous,
Bradle
RM20

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit jealous of your cab, I wish I had one to match my black palomino rm100
galao
Donating Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you can see how the switch in your cab works:

If you use 8 ohm speakers instead of 16 ohm, you would switch between 2 and 8 ohm mono and each stereo side would have 4 ohm.

Alternatively you could wire the two sides of the speaker pairs in series to get 16 ohm stereo on each side and switch between 8 ohm and 32 ohm mono.

Hope this helps.
k9blek
RM100

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: cab Reply with quote

Bradle wrote:
I'm a bit jealous of your cab, I wish I had one to match my black palomino rm100

You could buy it from me !!
k9blek
RM100

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: cab Reply with quote

galao wrote:
Here you can see how the switch in your cab works:

If you use 8 ohm speakers instead of 16 ohm, you would switch between 2 and 8 ohm mono and each stereo side would have 4 ohm.

Alternatively you could wire the two sides of the speaker pairs in series to get 16 ohm stereo on each side and switch between 8 ohm and 32 ohm mono.

Hope this helps.

It does help a little thanks. So what would be your suggestion? This kid really doesn't know much (less than me). Would I just cover up the 32 ohm hole to make sure it wasn't used? He said he doesn't mind wiring it a different way as long as it works.
Bradle
RM20

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'd buy it only postage to Australia on such a thing would require me to sell an organ or two.
galao
Donating Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is not the organ trade forum. I would rather suggest to find a technical solution to get the cab running. Wink

As mentioned above both versions would have one mono jack with 8 ohm which can be used with any average amp. I would wire the two speaker pairs in series to get 16 ohm stereo, which can also be used with any stereo power amp.

If you have access to a label maker, just label both jacks "16 ohm stereo" and the one on the right hand side "8 ohm mono". The other jack should not be used with a mono amp as 2 or 32 ohm are not really usefull. The pannel should look like this one:

k9blek
RM100

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: cab Reply with quote

awesome thanks guys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Egnater / Randall Modular Amps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: