Salvation mods or alternative?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DGL5150

Reaction score
Hi guys, after a long time of browsing the forum I have finally scored an RM20 combo and a few modules at a great price. It is a lot harder to find the Randall modular stuff over here in the UK.

I am really digging the sound of the stock modules I currently have (Plexi and Deluxe) but I might tweak them myself after giving it a proper run at gig / rehearsal volumes. I am extremely interested in some of the higher gain Salvation modules from what I have seen and heard. The Shiver, Xtacy and Camerock all appeal to me as I am a big fan of the amps they are inspired by but I don't currently posses a money tree!

My question is, for the cost of these things, are they really worth it in your opinion? I have seen a few posts saying the Salvation mods are quite noisy compared with stock? Is there an alternative mod service you would personally recommend over Salvation for the Bogner / Cameron inspired tones?

Thanks in advance :D

It's also worth looking at Jaded Faith mods too - they are both great and I've got a few of each.

I tend to have higher gain mods from these guys that the stock mods, so more gain = more noise, I just run a gate when I need to!

Some of the higher gain Egnater modules can be pretty noisy too :)

Both are great, a huge improvement over stock modules. Some sound so close that it is crazy, and much easier to dial in compared to the real thing.

Both have more noise than stock, but a noise gate is all you need, like they said.

Jaded faith is great and they have an xtc and the hammerhead (bogner fish) Rob (jaded faith) is really good to work with and he will even call directly if he has a question.