Time for a new module?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rossness

Reaction score
I think its time for a new module. I have a Top Boost that needs modding and before I make the move to a kemper (which should happen within the year) I think I'll have some more fun with MTS. The mods I have are going nowhere. The Cammerock is by far my favourite MTS module, the Rockerverb is the most versatile and the MarkUS gets play time here and there.

Anyhow, part of me still wants the Grailtone that Rob used to make. I sold mine years ago and always regretted it. Maybe he can make another one for me or combine some of the Jplex features into a unique mod? I also remember playing his framus cobra mod a bunch of years ago and thinking it was cool. Maybe that's the ticket.

Then again, one thing I don't have in any of my amps, are pushed warm/cleans. I picked up a strat this year and have been enjoying that single coil tone and can't get a good pushed clean tone that's warm. My laney ironheart kind of does it, but doesn't have enough headroom, the 5153 is just ok and my VHT is a weird beast when it comes to cleans. Tonewise, I'd love to get a Los Lonely Boys, type of vibe. (Their guitarist uses a strat/ and a marshall so maybe I'm not far off with the grailtone idea.)

I'm just thinking aloud. Dunno' what I'll do exactly.

I can recommend the Salvation Mamba for the Framus Cobra tone, it is a really killer module.
It was actually my favorite Mod until very recently when I got a Jaded Faith MarkX.
The MarkX is also worth looking at if you like the MarkUS, I own both and like theMarkX much more.
For the cleans I think the Matchvox and LoneClean are both great.

shortlife said:
I can recommend the Salvation Mamba for the Framus Cobra tone, it is a really killer module.
It was actually my favorite Mod until very recently when I got a Jaded Faith MarkX.
The MarkX is also worth looking at if you like the MarkUS, I own both and like theMarkX much more.
For the cleans I think the Matchvox and LoneClean are both great.

I've done the MTS thing for years and played most of the modules. I'm not looking for a framus cobra tone.

I was at rob's shop a few years ago and played all the JF mods and remember liking the cobra mod. I thought it was versitile. Thane again, I'm really all set for the super high gain stuff. I have a VHT and 5153.

As the story goes, I liked my Salvation terrier so much, that I bought the real deal VHT amp.

But this go around, I want more of a classic rock thing. I was thinking Grailtone with he gain maxed (thin lizzy) and, Los Lonely Boys with the gain not maxed. Maybe a 3 way switch for super bright, normal and dark/modern. The wheels in my brain are turning.

There are also for sale dual EQ BENZIN V.AGE3 module ...
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=153412#153412

Both modules are very interesting!

Los Lonely guitarist said he's using 13-56 gauge strings. I'm sure that is a big piece of his great tone! He mentioned Marshall and Fender; for me I mostly hear Fender when I think of his tone but IDK

Pushed clean, I don't think you can do better than a Vybe Deluxe. Excellent mod, my favorite really, but I play pushed clean 75% of the time for the music my band plays. Vybe eats pedals alive too. Highly recommend!

Corium_AZ said:
Pushed clean, I don't think you can do better than a Vybe Deluxe. Excellent mod, my favorite really, but I play pushed clean 75% of the time for the music my band plays. Vybe eats pedals alive too. Highly recommend!

I have to agree, it's a mod I wish I'd never sold. But I just took delivery of a Super Pro.....and that's the new king of pedal friendly pushed clean tones....check it out.

I have a vybe deluxe and a Texas special. They are both pretty good, but can anyone here compare them to an od2.

I've always wondered where the od2 falls in the pushed clean world.

And yes, heavy strings help those lonely boys, not to mention a green overdrive pedal.

crankyrayhanky said:
Los Lonely guitarist said he's using 13-56 gauge strings. I'm sure that is a big piece of his great tone! He mentioned Marshall and Fender; for me I mostly hear Fender when I think of his tone but IDK

I didn't know that about the strings. I use 9's on most of my guitars. Dunno if I want to put big strings on the strat. Owww my poor fingers.

I just ordered a SD Texas Hot Antiquity for one of my charvels. That should help a little.