MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Solve this MTS Module mystery?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Egnater / Randall Modular Amps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ricey
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Solve this MTS Module mystery? Reply with quote

I just scored a Recto module on ebay. It works fine in channel 1 and 2 in my RM100 combo, but not in channel 3. I have 7 other modules and they all work in channel 3 on that amp. I also have an RM50 combo and the Recto works fine in both channels on that amp.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Any advice would be appreciated.
RM100/RM50 Combos; KH-1, Blkfc,Twd, Plx, Brwn, 1086, SL+, Recto and Ult XL; Jackson Fusion; LP, AmDlx Strat; CP Jag HH, Cobain Stang; Boss, MXR, Dunlop, DOD, Dgtec, Sldgld, Barber, Way Huge, Pigtronix, Maxon, TC, ProCo, Menatone, Earthquaker, and Tech21.
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
iekobrid
RM100

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some modules are a tiny bit shallower than others. Could be that the row of docks (for lack of the correct term) in your amp is slightly askew and the pins on the module in question don't quite reach far enough to make a good connection in that last slot.
Ricey
RM100

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting...can the problem be remedied?
RM100/RM50 Combos; KH-1, Blkfc,Twd, Plx, Brwn, 1086, SL+, Recto and Ult XL; Jackson Fusion; LP, AmDlx Strat; CP Jag HH, Cobain Stang; Boss, MXR, Dunlop, DOD, Dgtec, Sldgld, Barber, Way Huge, Pigtronix, Maxon, TC, ProCo, Menatone, Earthquaker, and Tech21.
Ricey
RM100

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help! I just found this same topic with quite a detailed discussion over on the module board. I should have checked there first, but I was focusing on the amp, not the module, since it was just the one slot on the amp that was not working.

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=154569#154569

Please post any additional advice to the other thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Egnater / Randall Modular Amps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: