Synergy is shipping...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caine

Reaction score
Just got my email from Synergy to pay for my pre-order as I was on the waiting list. The email said they are shipping this week. A post on the Synergy Facebook page said they are holding off on launching the website until after the preorders are taken care of. They also posted on Facebook that you can still order product via email by contacting them at [email protected]

Just thought you'll like to know they do exist...not a lot of time to play as usual but some thoughts/pics here:

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=191158#p2132823

JKD said:
Caine said:
I received my SLO and BE today. Both sound fantastic!

You running them in Egnater gear?

Sort of. Randall RM100LB with JF installed Egnater dual channel conversion kit and JF Foglifter+.

Ok I got a Syn 1 today Morgan and SLO; WOWOWOW worth the wait; Tried a Friedman modded MTS Module and yes it sounded better; Plugged into the effects loop of a Bad Cat unleash; Very Cool
The Morgan has identical Channels
The SLO is suppose to have a crunch and gain channel; I did not hear much difference; I watched the video , I was looking for a cleaner sound with a tele like the video, thoughts?
Also can I use the main out and the Direct out at the same time? So I can get two outputs? Cab Sim and no cab
Thanks
IT was worth the wait\HMK

hmic10 said:
Caine
How are you running the slo?

My platform is an RM100LB w/ Egnater dual upgrade and JF foglifer +
This is what I have dialed in right now:

Presence: 9 O'clock
Density: 10:30
NFB: 10

Module:
Gain: 2 O'clock
B: 10
M: 12
T: 2

I've only had the module a few days and haven't really spent much time setting up the second channel. Most likely would just use it as a solo channel with a bump in volume and a tad more gain.

Sometimes I add an Xotic BB pedal in front of my modules--it sounds great with the BB pedal too, but it doesn't need it!

By far my favorite tube for the BE is the old Ei Yugo/Phillips Long plate..7025S...patterned after the Mullards/Telefunkens of the day

They just have this gainy, throaty mid punch but can't seem to find genuine NOS ones for love nor money these days.....plus they can be microphonic too.

1966 Pair on eBAY right now for $149. :-/

There are some good ones floating around from the 80s too....

hmic10 said:
Caine

Do you find much difference between the channels

I haven't spent much time comparing but I think they are the same. From what I understand, for most of the modules, the channels are the same except for the TD and I think I read somewhere, maybe on the Synergy FB page that, the two Diezel channels might have differences--not 100% that was the one, but I think so.

Caine said:
hmic10 said:
Caine

Do you find much difference between the channels

I haven't spent much time comparing but I think they are the same. From what I understand, for most of the modules, the channels are the same except for the TD and I think I read somewhere, maybe on the Synergy FB page that, the two Diezel channels might have differences--not 100% that was the one, but I think so.

Both BE and HBE channels sound the same to me....but like you I'd need to do more testing.

The BE/HBE PCB layout seems much simpler than the Egnater modules so not sure if there's any opportunity to mod them and shift the mids or change gain on either channel...but I'm no expert, just looking at the ower component count.

Hi, I've been waiting for the weight and dimensions of a Syn 1, would you be so kind?

Thanks...

hmic10 said:
Ok I got a Syn 1 today Morgan and SLO; WOWOWOW worth the wait; Tried a Friedman modded MTS Module and yes it sounded better; Plugged into the effects loop of a Bad Cat unleash; Very Cool
The Morgan has identical Channels
The SLO is suppose to have a crunch and gain channel; I did not hear much difference; I watched the video , I was looking for a cleaner sound with a tele like the video, thoughts?
Also can I use the main out and the Direct out at the same time? So I can get two outputs? Cab Sim and no cab
Thanks
IT was worth the wait\HMK

Another consideration in regard to how I'm running my SLO is the SLO head apparently has a 6L6 power section, whereas, my platform has EL34s. I've been satisfied with my Fender modules and have owned many Fender amps (6L6s) over the years. I don't have a SLO sitting around for doing a side by side, but one thing that might be sort of a compromise is my amp is a 100 watt head and I don't usually run the main even 1/3 when I jamming pretty loud at home. I'd likely never run in more than halfway at any venue (bar, club, party) that I might be jamming at. My understanding is that one of the main differences between the EL34s and the 6L6s, is the 34s break up earlier and the 6L6s have more headroom. I'm not really driving my power section that much, so maybe that's an advantage in getting a more accurate SLO tone...?? It sounds pretty awesome so I satisfied either way.

JKD said:
Just thought you'll like to know they do exist...not a lot of time to play as usual but some thoughts/pics here:

You've got the BE and HBE? How much of a difference is there between the two? Same basic tone but the HBE has more gain?

Caine said:
JKD said:

You've got the BE and HBE? How much of a difference is there between the two? Same basic tone but the HBE has more gain?

More gain and low end on the HBE...it's also hairy!

I may put a few power chords on the DI out...if I get a break over the weekend.

JKD said:

From what I read on the Synergy website, channel two has more gain? Can you detect a difference between the two channels?

From the Synergy Website: "Channel two carries a similar voice to channel one, while frothing with even more harmonically rich gain on tap."

http://www.synergyamps.com/index.php/syn-modules/hbe-module

Caine said:
JKD said:

From what I read on the Synergy website, channel two has more gain? Can you detect a difference between the two channels?

From the Synergy Website: "Channel two carries a similar voice to channel one, while frothing with even more harmonically rich gain on tap."

http://www.synergyamps.com/index.php/syn-modules/hbe-module

I'm not sure if it's more gain stock or the pot taper is different..I did think I was imagining things when it sounded a little different switching channels with all controls at noon...hmm

The two channels on the SLO are the same. Channel 1 is not lower gain for a clean channel. Of course, you can turn the gain knob down but it is still the high gain side of an SLO.