MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone know about trannies? in the RT2/50?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Egnater / Randall Modular Amps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
withmittens
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: anyone know about trannies? in the RT2/50? Reply with quote

This amp is great for sure. I just start looking around and hearing other things and wonder if a tranny upgrade would improve this amp and it's response and tone. I know some folks think a tranny upgrade doesn't do much, but I think that depends on the tranny. once you get a good tranny, you get a lot for your money. more than you've ever had before.

what are the trannies in the RT? is Heyboer better? I've heard Mercury is not worth it, Heyboer being better for less.

what about a vintage set? how would one go about matching a tranny?

I think it may be worth looking at the trannies
SG, LP Std., Strat
warmachine67
RM20

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

China, they are made in china.

Your choices for replacements are limited and mercury is likely it.

Jaded faith is probably the only place u will find replacements, and I think he may even need work with mercury to r&d them.

I don't think there is one currently available anywhere
JayDA
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on the fence about the tranny thing as well, but I took the plunge and had my RM50 modified.

I just picked it up yesterday...I WAS WRONG, best sounding MTS amp I've ever heard. I sold my Foglifter+ modded RT 2/50 to buy it, and I'm glad I did. DO IT.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Egnater / Randall Modular Amps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: