what is THE jcm800 mod?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withmittens

Reaction score
is there a ture JCM800 mods that is just that? a true recreation of the great amp?

AND, can my Duoplex be modded to it?

I don't have one, but shouldn't the jfm800 mod be what u r after from what is available?

Hope someone might chime in on that one as I'm curious myself on that one.

Don't know about ur duoplex?

withmittens said:
is there a ture JCM800 mods that is just that? a true recreation of the great amp?

AND, can my Duoplex be modded to it?

I just build a jcm800 (2203) mod about a month ago. It's easily one of my favorites to date.

I think the Sacred Groove MK22 is the closest to a stock JCM800....

Having said that, Mashall+ nails it plus a modded Jose channel

Vishnu can do it very well despite going under the radar much of the time....

I had a 1980 JMP 2203... but I never really enjoyed it that much. It could do a good Guns n Roses tone boosted with a Boss GE-7, and the early Metallica tone boosted with a Tube screamer or RAT... but it had zero clean compression, was hard to play, and was too low gain for me.. hardly to believe people are searching 'that JCM800' tone. I figured maybe people are after a modded jcm800 tone..

it's a classic mid gain amp with great tone and harmonics, overtones, etc....clean to heavy crunch.

I'm not looking for brutal gain. The 800 is used by lots of non metal & classic metal folks. I'm not in for the nu metal or the like. I'm just a rock and roller

Spencer4hire said:
I like my JFM800 module a lot. I think it is a very good representation of the JCM800 tones.

I have one on order, which I should be picking up this week. I've had my fair share of experience with JCM800s, so I'm curious to see how it stacks up!

JayDA, Post on this thread your thoughts if you have time.

The jfm800 is on my wishlist and I'm curious what you think :).

Spencer4hire, how does it to similar mods compare for you?

Many thanks.

JayDA said:
I have one on order, which I should be picking up this week. I've had my fair share of experience with JCM800s, so I'm curious to see how it stacks up!

I'd love to know your opinions on how it compares and where you think the differences are. The mod seems very simple and because of that could just concentrate on the actual 800 circuit without embellishment? Maybe?