Dual Channel Mod Kits for RM100 and RM4

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galao

Reaction score
The future of MTS is dual channel. I heard many people asking for an opportunity to have full access to both channels of a dual channel module in a RM100 or RM4 amp. So I spent the last one and a half years developing a modification kit for these amps, to make them dual channel compatible. It has been a lot of work to finish this project and I´m happy to announce that the first run of modification sets can now be purchased through my web shop. I have produced a limited number of kits to cover the costs for prototyping, helping hands, web site programming etc. Each board is programmed and soldered by hand, which is very time consuming. With this in mind please understand, that the pre-produced mod kits may likely be sold out quickly.
Modified amps were tested with all current dual and single channel module types.
Mod kits can be purchased here: https://yuneo.de/
You can click the flag in top of the navigation line to switch between English and German. I´m trying to keep the costs as low as possible. Worldwide insured and tracked shipping is 9,90 Euros only.
If you have questions, please take a look at the FAQ section. If you detect any difficulties or errors please get in touch with me via the contact form.
Thanks for your interest,
Paul

Now you just have to make a kit to make the old stuff compatible with the Synergy stuff.
"The new modules have the cathode biasing selection switch circuitry which is not present on any previous hardware units."

The tight switch on many modded modules has a similar effect and Synergy patented the cathode biasing AFAIK. Apart from that their modules are fully compatible with my mod kit.

will this board correctly work with VP4 preamp (already modded for accepting single modules, work flawlessly with Randall and Egnater modules)?

kylendm said:
Now you just have to make a kit to make the old stuff compatible with the Synergy stuff.
"The new modules have the cathode biasing selection switch circuitry which is not present on any previous hardware units."

I am not a techie but by taking a look at the Synergy module list, seven out of the 11 modules use the 2,7K/.068uF that Randall uses anyway - if I am not mistaken.
The clean ones use a different value and the SLO another one.

Maybe this is compensated for in the modded modules anyway?

I can´t comment on the older Egnater rack preamps as I don´t have access to them. Synergy´s first gain stage cathode cap switches between 22uF and 0,68uF. 22uF is the stock Randall value. But as said above a tight switch also compensates for too much bass, if that should be an issue.

galao said:
I can´t comment on the older Egnater rack preamps as I don´t have access to them. Synergy´s first gain stage cathode cap switches between 22uF and 0,68uF. 22uF is the stock Randall value. But as said above a tight switch also compensates for too much bass, if that should be an issue.

There is a third value:
Position1: 1.5K/22uF (BMan, T/DLX, Ac)
Position 2: 2.7K/.68uF
Position 3: 1.6K/1uF (only SLO)

Thanks for clearing that up. If I remember correctly Mike Soldano already used cathode cap switching in the 80´s.

Hey Paul, I'm trying to purchase the RM4 kit on the website but I can't get past this page https://yuneo.de/checkout_payment.php . I have checkmarks next to all the information I've entered. When I hit continue it just reoloads that page. Are you taking orders from the US?
Brian

This is very cool!!! Thanks for contributing to the platform.

Hi Brian, I can just apologize for these issues. I will take the site down for a short time and will try to fix the payment problem.

Orders will be shipped worldwide. I´ll let you know, when it´s working.
Thanks for your patience.

This is a great surprise.

I don't mean too sound ungrateful, but if these sell well, is there any chance for a rm50/80 or rm20/22 version?

I can´t comment on the older Egnater rack preamps as I don´t have access to them.

I can send you the chassis, it seems to me it's the same midi module than RM4
I can send you also detailed pics if you want...just let me know if you think it might be useful

Ulf: Minor correction. Soldano is 1K8/1u. In fact 1K8/1u has the same cutoff frequency as 2K7/.68 with a tiny bit more gain.

Yes there is. This will be the next project.
Unfortunately I have to say that credit card payment doesn´t work currently. It´s not my fault. I´ll call the responsible company tomorrow morning and hope that they fix it ASAP. Sorry and thanks for your patience, friends!

I'm still not getting past the payment page. I've tried a couple different browsers and my iPhone browser. I even tried a couple different credit cards. I want to buy the RM4 kit. Maybe send me a Paypal invoice?

Replied to your message, Brian. Paypal will likely be available tomorrow and the credit card system bug will also be fixed asap.