MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dual Channel Mod Kits for RM100 and RM4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Egnater / Randall Modular Amps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eero
RM20

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I canīt comment on the older Egnater rack preamps as I donīt have access to them.

I can send you the chassis, it seems to me it's the same midi module than RM4
I can send you also detailed pics if you want...just let me know if you think it might be useful
thanks Very Happy
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
bruce egnater
Bruce Almighty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ulf: Minor correction. Soldano is 1K8/1u. In fact 1K8/1u has the same cutoff frequency as 2K7/.68 with a tiny bit more gain.
galao
Donating Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is. This will be the next project.
Unfortunately I have to say that credit card payment doesnīt work currently. Itīs not my fault. Iīll call the responsible company tomorrow morning and hope that they fix it ASAP. Sorry and thanks for your patience, friends!
guitarzan
Donating Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still not getting past the payment page. I've tried a couple different browsers and my iPhone browser. I even tried a couple different credit cards. I want to buy the RM4 kit. Maybe send me a Paypal invoice?
Syn1, MOD50, M4, Hilly's RM100 modded to dual, RM4 modded to dual channel. G-Major 2, Mesa 20/20, Fryette Powerstation, Friedman Smallbox Combo, 1979 Marshall JMP 50 modded to BE/HBE by Friedman. Tons of modules.
galao
Donating Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replied to your message, Brian. Paypal will likely be available tomorrow and the credit card system bug will also be fixed asap.
galao
Donating Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wirecard is still working on the credit card problem. If you would like to place an order and bank wire transfer is not an option for you, you can also use Paypal. Itīs not integrated into the payment system on the website yet. Please send an email to mail@yuneo.de and I will reply asap. Thank you!
Ulf
RM100

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruce egnater wrote:
Ulf: Minor correction. Soldano is 1K8/1u. In fact 1K8/1u has the same cutoff frequency as 2K7/.68 with a tiny bit more gain.

Hi Bruce,
I see. I was just copying the details from the Synergy sheet I received with a module. Smile
guitarzan
Donating Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pulled the trigger on the RM4 mod. I have a M4 but I have always missed the effects loop on the R4. Paul is great to deal with. A really nice guy. I'll keep you guys posted on the RM4 mod. I'm looking forward to cracking that baby open and dual'ing her up.
Syn1, MOD50, M4, Hilly's RM100 modded to dual, RM4 modded to dual channel. G-Major 2, Mesa 20/20, Fryette Powerstation, Friedman Smallbox Combo, 1979 Marshall JMP 50 modded to BE/HBE by Friedman. Tons of modules.
mfgobbi
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Dual Channel Mod Kits for RM100 and RM4 Reply with quote

With all due respect for the synergy enthusiasts, THIS is the best news MTS has had since the introduction of dual channels. I have 3 questions:

1) Besides the replacement of the MIDI board what are the modifications? Other boards need replacement, lots of wire cutting soldering, any drilling?

2) Is it easily reversible?

3) In my opinion Omni is not a good default option for MIDI channel, as it would be a nightmare to accommodate the preamp into existing MIDI gear setup (pedal switcher, rack effects, etc). Could we expect any update for MIDI channel programming in the future? How about receiving only channel 16 say??

Thanks.
JKD
Donating Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Dual Channel Mod Kits for RM100 and RM4 Reply with quote

mfgobbi wrote:
With all due respect for the synergy enthusiasts, THIS is the best news MTS has had since the introduction of dual channels. I have 3 questions:

1) Besides the replacement of the MIDI board what are the modifications? Other boards need replacement, lots of wire cutting soldering, any drilling?

2) Is it easily reversible?

3) In my opinion Omni is not a good default option for MIDI channel, as it would be a nightmare to accommodate the preamp into existing MIDI gear setup (pedal switcher, rack effects, etc). Could we expect any update for MIDI channel programming in the future? How about receiving only channel 16 say??

Thanks.

This is a great solution for legacy and I will be upgrading mine ASAP.

It both widens the market (modules) and narrows it (heads/preamps) for Synergy....it goes without saying that Synergy (amps) are the better, more full featured.....albeit pricier hardware.

FYI on 3) : You can select a pre-programmed channel, instead of OMNI,l in the drop down box when you buy.
Gigmods - Mark
Hilly-Snorkeler
Egnater -COD
Randall - Brahma,Scary, Grail, GTO, SuperV
galao
Donating Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Dual Channel Mod Kits for RM100 and RM4 Reply with quote

Muito obrigado por todas as vossas perguntas e comentários, mfgobbi!
Very Happy

1) The main job is done by the new MIDI board, which will be replaced 1:1.
There are three wires in the RM100 and four wires in the RM4 which must be soldered to the backplane boards. Wires are already set to the exact length, no drilling required. Total working time is about 90 min. for the RM100 and 120 min. for the RM4. Nevertheless you need proper tools and tube amps carry lethal voltages. Thatīs why the job must only be done by a tech.

2) Yes, the mod is easily reversible.

3) Was already answered correctly by JKD. I will program the board according to your needs. If you want MIDI Channel 16, you will get that. I never liked the idea, that the amp must be opened to change the MIDI channel and I do not plan to add dip switches to the board. Just tell me your mode of choice and you will get it.

I fully comply with your opinion JKD + Synergy benefits in every respect because Syn-1 and 2 are very different from the Randall RM100 and RM4.

The first amps were modified during the prototype phase about a year ago and they run flawlessly since. I will upload a video of modified amps in the next few days.

As you may have read there are still problems with the credit card module which I have used for the web shop. If the company is not able to solve the issue until tomorrow, I will look for a different provider.

Until the new payment tool is integrated I would like you to send me an email to mail@yuneo.de
You can use Paypal and I will offer worldwide free shipping for the next few days until the new payment service is integrated.

Thanks,
Paul
mfgobbi
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Dual Channel Mod Kits for RM100 and RM4 Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. One last thing : will the interface respond to CC or PC messages only? Are the values set by the controller? If nor what are the PC and CC values?

galao wrote:
Muito obrigado por todas as vossas perguntas e comentários, mfgobbi!
Very Happy

1) The main job is done by the new MIDI board, which will be replaced 1:1.
There are three wires in the RM100 and four wires in the RM4 which must be soldered to the backplane boards. Wires are already set to the exact length, no drilling required. Total working time is about 90 min. for the RM100 and 120 min. for the RM4. Nevertheless you need proper tools and tube amps carry lethal voltages. Thatīs why the job must only be done by a tech.

2) Yes, the mod is easily reversible.

3) Was already answered correctly by JKD. I will program the board according to your needs. If you want MIDI Channel 16, you will get that. I never liked the idea, that the amp must be opened to change the MIDI channel and I do not plan to add dip switches to the board. Just tell me your mode of choice and you will get it.

I fully comply with your opinion JKD + Synergy benefits in every respect because Syn-1 and 2 are very different from the Randall RM100 and RM4.

The first amps were modified during the prototype phase about a year ago and they run flawlessly since. I will upload a video of modified amps in the next few days.

As you may have read there are still problems with the credit card module which I have used for the web shop. If the company is not able to solve the issue until tomorrow, I will look for a different provider.

Until the new payment tool is integrated I would like you to send me an email to mail@yuneo.de
You can use Paypal and I will offer worldwide free shipping for the next few days until the new payment service is integrated.

Thanks,
Paul

galao
Donating Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC messages exclusively.

The MIDI board in your amp receives a PC command on a specfic MIDI channel, which is typically sent by your MIDI foot controller. According to the value sent, you can determine and store a setting (in our case one channel of a certain module). The MIDI-thru socket transmits any incoming message (PC or CC).

Please have a look at the website https://yuneo.de
The item description and FAQ section provide information about many of these topics. To change the language, just click the flag at the top.
galao
Donating Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short update: The payment problem on the website is solved. Credit card payment works fine, now. Apologies again for everyone who had trouble placing an order. As promised Iīll shoot a short video presentation today, which will be uploaded asap. Thanks for your support.
JKD
Donating Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

galao wrote:
Short update: The payment problem on the website is solved. Credit card payment works fine, now. Apologies again for everyone who had trouble placing an order. As promised Iīll shoot a short video presentation today, which will be uploaded asap. Thanks for your support.

Can confirm it works! Order placed! Very Happy
Gigmods - Mark
Hilly-Snorkeler
Egnater -COD
Randall - Brahma,Scary, Grail, GTO, SuperV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Egnater / Randall Modular Amps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: