Syn 1 Mesa Boogie Mark V FX Loop

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Isaksen

Reaction score
Tried running the syn 1 through my Mark V but only bypass worked . Then I went through a Blackstar HT5 and it worked perfectly. Any thoughts. I'm selling the Mark V anyways but just in case someone else has one maybe you can say why it doesn't work Thanks and it sounds GREAT>

The loop needs to be series loop not parallel, don't know about the Mark V, but the loops on the Rectos don't work either?

I've talked with the Steve at Synergy about my Boogie F-50 and its mentioned in their manuals that there are some issues or concerns with the loops in the boogies as they continue to run a dry signal through the loop since they are parallel loops and thats what causes the issues with the Boogie loops.

Jim

Scott Isaksen said:
Tried running the syn 1 through my Mark V but only bypass worked . Then I went through a Blackstar HT5 and it worked perfectly. Any thoughts. I'm selling the Mark V anyways but just in case someone else has one maybe you can say why it doesn't work Thanks and it sounds GREAT>

Make sure the rotary on the back is set to "On all"?

Check you are running a the right level, either +4 / -10DB depending on the loop - should tell you in the boogie manual which the loop is.

If the rotary control is set correctly it might well be the semi parallel nature of the boogie standard effect loop - thought I would have expected you to get sound, just not very good sound :)

Make sure the MKV loop is active and not bypassed or set to Footswitch. Boogie loops are often a headache to my customers, but the MKV loop is in series unlike a lot of their other amps.