aftermarket foot switch for Egnater MOD 50

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forensbro

Reaction score
Can anyone please recommend an aftermarket 4-channel foot switch for use with the Egnater MOD 50 amplifier?

I recently purchased a used Egnater MOD 50 head w/2 modules and no foot switch was included in the sale.

Is the Randall RF4 foot switch completely compatible with the Egnater MOD 50 amplifier?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations. :wink:

forensbro said:
Is the Randall RF4 foot switch completely compatible with the Egnater MOD 50 amplifier?

Yes it is. Pretty much any midi controller will work. Although, if you have any other midi gear, I would consider getting a more advanced controller that supports both midi CC and PC messages. A good midi controller can open a whole new world of possibilities...

Thanks for the reply MarcoR.

I specifically asked about the RF4 because I have one that I use with my RT 2/50 and RM4.

What other MIDI foot controllers would you recommend other than the RF4?

forensbro said:
Thanks for the reply MarcoR.

I specifically asked about the RF4 because I have one that I use with my RT 2/50 and RM4.

What other MIDI foot controllers would you recommend other than the RF4?

That would depend what your needs are. What other gear would you like to control via midi?

You know, I completely forgot that I have a Fractal Audio MIDI foot controller and can use it, but it's pretty much overkill for my Randall / Egnater gear.

forensbro said:
You know, I completely forgot that I have a Fractal Audio MIDI foot controller and can use it, but it's pretty much overkill for my Randall / Egnater gear.

If it's just the MOD50, the RF4 is perfect. So no other midi devices?

None other than my Fractal Audio AxeFx XL+ that I use with the MD-101 MIDI foot controller (and that I have yet to master). :wink:

I'm thinking of modifying my Randall RM4 to be able to handle 4 dual modules so that would be 8 channels total, right? Recommendations?

forensbro said:
None other than my Fractal Audio AxeFx XL+ that I use with the MD-101 MIDI foot controller (and that I have yet to master). :wink:

I'm thinking of modifying my Randall RM4 to be able to handle 4 dual modules so that would be 8 channels total, right? Recommendations?

I have the kits. I haven't installed them yet, but Anthony says they are legit, and so does Rob... I think you cant beat that... but keep in mind only certain modules work well as duals. Most modules only have one good tone and using them as dual would be a waste.. also some say that tone is lost on some modules when they are dual... For me I know a few that I want dual, and for that reason I bought the kits to make my RM4 and RM100 a dual setup... but I still have 20 single chan modules and most of them are good as they are and wouldn't want most as dual. Hope my rambling helped you

forensbro said:

Well, it's some cake and you already have a great controller with the MD-101 but if you want to save some space...
http://www.famcmusic.com/store/liquid-foot/LF-Mini

I use the LF+ 12+; I can't live without the programmability these deliver.

I also really like Morningstar MC6 but it's only 6 switches; I'm thinking about building a small fly rig with one.
https://www.morningstarfx.com/mc6

Thanks much for the recommendations.

I tried several years ago to order a Liquid Foot MIDI controller and got the run-around so I didn't place my order. I may have to reconsider.

It's a simple unit, but I am loving the Tech 21 Midi Moongoose. Small footprint and well built. 5 buttons and the ability to bank up for more channels if needed. Using this with a Fender midi cable -- those are really high quality! I know this is an old thread but wanted to share with the group. Hope you found something that works for you!