Does anyone here have the Egnater MOD50 or M4??

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarguy510

Reaction score
Well I have the Fuchs on the way and I REALLY like the Randall/Egnater stuff so I fear I'll be back into it within the next 1-2 years I'm sure! :lol: Does anyone here have some experience with the Egnater MOD50 (or the M4)? Have you tried any of the newer Randall modules (1086, Ultra XL etc.) through the Egnater unit? I'm thinking about taking the step up to the actual Egnater versions of these amps as from what I've heard from a lot of you guys is that the Randall stuff is seeming to go through some reliability issues? I guess I got lucky, my RM100-S (older version with the nicer gray/black grill, not the newer shiny silvery one) never had a single reliability issue, and I bought it as a blem model! It still won't be for a while as the Egnater stuff is pretty steep in terms of price, and most of what I want is covered by the Fuchs + pedals I have, but just curious what anyone who has used/owned the Egnater (not including the Randall MTS stuff as I know about that already :wink: ) gear thinks of it! Thanks! :D

I have a MOD50 head and can't say enough about it. Solid, reliable, TONEFUL. I'm using the Egnater DLX and SL dual channel modules the most, followed by the EG3/4 and VX. I've been playing it through the new oversize 112 cab with a CL80 or a 412 with Heritage Greenbacks.

I play at large churches and theaters and find new things to love about the amp everytime I play.

Hey Brian!

Glad to hear you are digging the DLX and SL modules... I ordered an M4 with just those two last friday :D

Howzit feel? How do they handle cleaning up with the volume knob?

Brian Swerdfeger said:
I have a MOD50 head and can't say enough about it. Solid, reliable, TONEFUL. I'm using the Egnater DLX and SL dual channel modules the most, followed by the EG3/4 and VX. I've been playing it through the new oversize 112 cab with a CL80 or a 412 with Heritage Greenbacks.

Hi Brian,

Good to hear how much you like the MOD50! I've been talking to Frank about trading up to an M4 from my RM100--just waiting until he has some around. :)

Speaking of your cab, I just received an Egnater oversized 1x12 with a Heritage Greenback inside (G12H). It's hands down the best cab I own, and I either own or have been through 4x12s, 2x12s, 1x12s, etc. from both big players and boutique builders.

Orren

Ziggy - both modules clean up quite well when rolling down the guitar volume. They are great with single-coils, humbuckers and Filter'trons, too.