HBE Squealing Feedback

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TubeMan5150

Reaction score
My new HBE module is unusable with the gain past noon. I get a ton of squealing feedback then. In comparison I also have the SLO and BE and both those modules are quiet even with gain at 3 o'clock.

I replaced the pre-amp tubes in the HBE...no change. Probably needs to be sent back to Synergy.

Anyone else experience this with a high gain module?

does it get worse turning any of the tone controls up

I know a few guys had an issue with DZL mod , and it was a ground on the mid pot

I have a single mod form Salvation and like another mod from JF that doesn't just seat right and squeals when I turn up the gain or turn on the high gain switch. I press on the faceplate and it goes away. Try that and if that is the case I have a quick fix for you.

OK I take back blaming the HBE module. There is nothing wrong with it.

After more detailed troubleshooting and the problem getting more consistent (less intermittent), worse, and affecting all the modules in the amp now it's the FX loop. After unplugging the loop, problem gone. Probably the FX loop buffer tube. Swapping in a new tube is next on my list.

On another note I did get quick reply from Boutique Amps Distribution tech support. So that's a good thing.