Voodoo modded treadplate module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSY55

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I haven’t been into MTS in quite a while. I have an RM 50 and RM 100. I had the treadplate modded a long time ago from voodoo amps. It’s gain is way over the top. The bottom end is a bit flabby and not defined. I’m looking to pull some of the gain and tighten the low end a but. Maybe get rid of some lows. First off there a small potentiometer on the board soldered in place of a resistor. Not sure what it adjusts. Anyone have an idea on where to start on the board to drop the gain down a bit? I like my ultra xl I modded myself but like I said I’ve not messed with these modules in years and am rusty on where to start with the circuit. Thanks for any help!

I also have a voodoo modded treadplate. That little pot is actually the gain adjustment. It's pretty sensitive. I did back mine down a little bit and it tightened up the bottom end. Put a little mark on the pot where it's set now and then try taking down a smidge.

Lowering the value of the input coupling cap (c3?) will also drop the low-end

I like 500-1000pF (hopefully I got the unit right) Orange Drops

Sounds good. I’ll try the mini pot. Its in the cap spot next to R11 on the board. There’s a 472MPW cap in C3.
I know I made a bunch of notes on the mods for the modules I have but can’t find them. I got excited seeing the synergy modules. I don’t understand why modular tube amps didn’t really take off like crazy. It’s a great idea although I think the modded modules I have from different designers all sound the same. I’m hoping the synergynones realynhave the character and Sound of the amps they are mimicking.