MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTB: A couple of modules

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tnjazz
RM100

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: WTB: A couple of modules Reply with quote

So I recently picked up an RM50 in my gradual transition from Kemper to Synergy. It came with stock blackface and treadplate modules, which sound decent but nothing to write home about.

I need one good clean channel and one good OD channel (at a time) so I'm thinking before I go whole hog on a Synergy SYN-2 I'll sample a few modded modules and see how they work for me.

I play mostly classic AC/DC-Thin Lizzy-ish type rock and I'm not a huge Marshall fan, although I do love the Friedman tones.

Anyone selling a nice clean tone module and possibly a good drive? I've got a Stonerverb on the way but always open to more possibilities. JF, Salvation, even stock could be an option?

PM me if so, thanks!
eyeball987
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a JF Mr. Scary and a stock clean module if you have any interest in either.

The JF Scary has a push pull mid shift on the gain knob and the bright switch toggles between a lower and higher gain stage.

I have had a JF Brahma and this JF Scary longer than any other mods. Many have come and gone but these two have stayed. Only reason I am offering it up is because I have only been using the Brahma over the past year or so.
Marshall 1960B with Greenbacks.
Capt_Tippy
RM100

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my worthless 2 cents, but if you wanna play classic rock.. Id "recommend" (from my own personal taste and module buying history) that you buy a JJ Dirt for the OD channel and a MatchVox for the clean. A TwinFace does an awesome Fender Clean and it has a great "pushed" OD channel too, but it's not as clean as the MatchVox Clean, and the pushed channel is not as good as the JJ's Dirt. (I do Love the TwinFace though, its just like an old Fender Amp all in one little Module) The JJ will do classic AS WELL AS (some) Modern Metal tones though. Sooo if you can only buy/use 2, that would be my strong recommendation. I'm not a Marshall fan either... Wink ..but try the JJ. You won't be sorry. ..even if you don't like it (which you will) you could sell it in a weekend. ..but you're not gonna sell it LoL

You're correct. I probably have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm not even sure why I bothered to say anything in the 1st place.
chrismilne
RM100

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would wait to hear the new Friedman/Buxom Betty mixed module coming out...though i have the feeling the BE channel will be a little lower gain than say the BE100 (at least from the clips of the other BE module). That is if you are going to Synergy/Dual Module setup.
Strymon Flint and Mobius, TC Triple Delay, JHS Andy Timmons, Kemper, Ventris, Koko Boost, Carl Martin AT Compressor, Proanalog MKIV Fuzz, Ibanez TS9dx
tnjazz
RM100

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrismilne wrote:
I would wait to hear the new Friedman/Buxom Betty mixed module coming out...though i have the feeling the BE channel will be a little lower gain than say the BE100 (at least from the clips of the other BE module). That is if you are going to Synergy/Dual Module setup.

I saw that. I'm pretty sure a Synergy unit will be coming my way in the next week or so, but I'm not committed to syn modules over the modded ones that exist already. Dual channel modules are definitely attractive, but not absolutely necessary. I definitely have an eye on this particular one though, thanks!
chrismilne
RM100

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think i will still miss my Egnater M4 when i sell it, having 4 modules might be more beneficial tahn 2 with dual channels, except for the modules that are quite different in each channel.
Strymon Flint and Mobius, TC Triple Delay, JHS Andy Timmons, Kemper, Ventris, Koko Boost, Carl Martin AT Compressor, Proanalog MKIV Fuzz, Ibanez TS9dx
tnjazz
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still looking for a nice Fender-y clean module. Anyone have one for sale?

Do the dual mod ones switch channels in the Synergy boxes? I went ahead and picked up a SYN-2 and a 50/50 so I'm ready to commit to this thing, so I need me some good modules now.
Mike P
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tnjazz wrote:
Still looking for a nice Fender-y clean module. Anyone have one for sale?

Do the dual mod ones switch channels in the Synergy boxes? I went ahead and picked up a SYN-2 and a 50/50 so I'm ready to commit to this thing, so I need me some good modules now.

I have a Jaded Faith Super Clean module in mint condition. $200 OBO shipped USPS Priority Mail to mainland US.
Salvation Mods: Camerica
tnjazz
RM100

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Iíve gotten myself loaded up on modules as of late, and Iíve got a buddy here in town whoís looking for a few for himself.

Anyone have any of these for sale? PM me if so

SA Salvado Deluxe
JF Vybe Deluxe
SA C-Watt / H-Watt
Matchvox or Voxless
SG Mk19
JF Chiefton
SA Mash-all
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: