How to run Syn-2 with other preamps/preamp pedals

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrismilne

Reaction score
What's the best way to run a Syn-2 in the fx loop of an amp, and then also be able to switch to other preamp pedals (looking at maybe Kingsley or Victory). So if i run guitar -> pedals -> amp with Synergy Syn-2 in the fx loop of the amp...could i run a preamp pedal as the first pedal in the Synergy's FX Loop? Then run those in to my time based fx pedals?

So i could have the Amp tone, plus the Synergy tone...when i bypass synergy i presume all of my fx in the Synergy's loop still work correct? If so, i guess there is no way to bypass the amps' preamp at that point...so i'm not sure how you could manage that.

This is if i don't go all Synergy, but like open options :) I doubt i'll be touring, mostly recording, so i can rewire, just thinking about how it could be done and easily switchable (if possible).

That would be the goal. Realizing I’d have to also engage the pedal. But having it bypass any of the other preamps (amp or synergy?