SYN 5050

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wurs

Reaction score
I'm probably not going to run this is stereo but I want to know if I can run this mono at 50 watts? (IE just use channel A.) From what I read in the manual I think you can but I want to make sure.

OR use Channel A for the SYN2 in mono 50 watts and say have the AxeFx2 running into Channel B Mono 50 watts?

I'm kind of trying to figure this out myself because the manual isn't very clear.

If the amp is in stereo mode, does it by default output mono to both channels unless something is plugged into the second input or into a stereo return?

Seems like a 3 way slider with stereo/mono/bridged would have taken care of the confusion.

The manual says that you don't have to have channel B plugged into a speaker (or Load) if you are not using it. So I assume you can use A & B independently.
But is someone can clear this up that would be great.

wurs said:
The manual says that you don't have to have channel B plugged into a speaker (or Load) if you are not using it. So I assume you can use A & B independently.
But is someone can clear this up that would be great.

I would assume that is if you are running the amp in mono. If you are running the amp in stereo I would always have a load on both outputs, unless the guys at Synergy expressly confirm there is an internal load in the amp.

If you have the 5050 in stereo mode, but are only using input A, keep channel B on standby. No speaker load needed on the B side when doing this.

teofilrocks said:
If you have the 5050 in stereo mode, but are only using input A, keep channel B on standby. No speaker load needed on the B side when doing this.

Then the question is - does the amp actually do parallel mono somehow (at 50w per side) or is the only mono option bridged mode?

tnjazz said:
Then the question is - does the amp actually do parallel mono somehow (at 50w per side) or is the only mono option bridged mode?

By “parallel mono” do you mean using input A only but using speaker outputs A and B?

teofilrocks said:
tnjazz said:

By “parallel mono” do you mean using input A only but using speaker outputs A and B?

Exactly. I want individual level control per channel. For instance, a nice loud cab right behind me and a much quieter cab on the other side of the stage for a very particular bass player, lol

The amp is not dual mono, is only mono bridged.

The manual says: (rear panel page)
#3. "If selecting MONO, you must connect to Channel A input only..."

#10. "When using the amp in the MONO BRIDGE mode, use only the CHANNEL A/MONO input and the CHANNEL A SPEAKER OUTPUTS ... The CHANNEL B IMPEDANCE switch is disconnected in the MONO BRIDGE mode"

#11. "...In MONO BRIDGE, the CHANNEL B input is disconnected... THE CHANNEL B input and CHANNEL B speaker outputs are not used in the MONO BRIDGE mode."

If you want to use the same mono signal and send it to 2 different cabs and have independent volume control for each, you need the amp in stereo mode and connect a "Y" cable between your mono output (from FX or preamp) and both inputs on the SYN5050.