Synergy Plexi vs Metroplex

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keg8605

Reaction score
Anybody give these a head to head? I actually just ordered both of them myself. This is addicting!

I just picked up a SLO yesterday myself - first Synergy module for me.

I was thinking about the Metroplex as well though.

Be sure to post your findings here once you play around with them!

I love the SLO. Definitely keeping that one. The TDLX is awesome too. I ordered the bassman and AC as well. Decisions Decisions.

I love the SLO too.

I have had the Metroplex for a couple weeks and it’s killer..it doesn’t have a ton of variation regarding the drive as it basically just gets more compressed after 1:00. The drive set at 10:00 is a really nice dirty clean. I have the two channels set-up this way @ 1:00 and 10:00. I think that all of my controls are somewhere between 11:00 and 2:00 so there is a good amount of room to dial it in to your rig. I was reading that someone said it didn’t have enough high end which has not been my experience at all. it’s a killer sounding module.

While you didn’t ask, I have the Metroplex and the Dirty Shirley for the more vintage Marshall-type tones. While they are both super cool, I personally like thhe Metroplex better.

Anyone have both the Plexi and Metroplex?

From the videos, I think I prefer the tone of the Plexi, but only just slightly. Plus the dual gain controls are more in-line with how I think of dialing in a Plexi style amp.

I would love to hear users opinions on them though!

Ripleyripley said:
I love the SLO too.

I have had the Metroplex for a couple weeks and it’s killer..it doesn’t have a ton of variation regarding the drive as it basically just gets more compressed after 1:00. The drive set at 10:00 is a really nice dirty clean. I have the two channels set-up this way @ 1:00 and 10:00. I think that all of my controls are somewhere between 11:00 and 2:00 so there is a good amount of room to dial it in to your rig. I was reading that someone said it didn’t have enough high end which has not been my experience at all. it’s a killer sounding module.

While you didn’t ask, I have the Metroplex and the Dirty Shirley for the more vintage Marshall-type tones. While they are both super cool, I personally like thhe Metroplex better.

+1 Exact same experience.

I have nothing more to add to this post, except the Metroplex has higher gain range than the Plexi.

I have both the Metro Plex, the Synergy Plexi and Synergy 800. They really are all great and of course similar in many ways, but the differences are noticeable.

First off you really can't go wrong with any of them. If I were to keep only one module it would be the Synergy Plexi.

The Metro Plex to me is the most vintage feeling, a bit looser on the low end. I'd say even though it's based on a Plexi, it has a slight JTM 45 feel, but with much more gain available. The EQ works well, plenty of range.

The Synergy Plexi is tighter than the Metro Plex, and I really like the ability to dial in both Volumes, it gives you a lot of options tonally. Again this one has a very useful EQ, they've really dialed the EQs in on these modules.

The Synergy 800 has the grainiest overdrive, in a good way. I know that JMP/JCM 800s have a reputation of being a bright amp so initially I wasn't sure why the module has bright switches. It turns out I really like the differences between them on and off, and I use both. Surprisingly though the gain feel is a bit different, I think total gain wise they're all pretty similar, you can get them all to sound quite alike.

I've kicked around selling the Metro Plex module but for now I'll probably just keep it, as they all have their unique qualities. Hope that helps and let me know if I can get more specific on anything.