• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

**SOLD**

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzuki211

Reaction score
I let my return date expire on this module and while I like it, I had tried a Synergy 800 module for comparison. For my needs the 800 module will work better.

Thanks For Looking!!!

Funny I'm thinking of trying to trade my plexi module for the 800. I like the plexi but think the 800 might work better for my needs. Tried the Metroplex as well and it was a cool module but ultimately not what I was after. Good luck.

I also bought the Plexi, Metro-Plex, DS, BMAN, BE, etc..
It depends. Metro Plex is cool with certain guitars and plexi is good too but my beef with Synergy is that it is not clear or present or amp-like. Sure it sounds good when playing it alone, but a/b it with a Salvation Module and you quickly realize that the the tone on the SYN stuff is very polished and sound like a guitar is coming out of a PA or something.

That being said, can you describe the 800 a little more in detail? I was thinking of trading something for that one and regret I did not get it but in the videos, it sounded a bit unlike a JCM800 so i decided to stick to Mash-all+ and other Marshall based modules.

I too missed my return date, i would have returned a few for sure. They're cool but some are just not my bag.

suzuki211 said:
I let my return date expire on this module and while I like it, I had tried a Synergy 800 module for comparison. For my needs the 800 module will work better.

Thanks For Looking!!!

What kind of trades you into?

I got a JF or a Salvation module I might trade....

thanster2000 said:
It depends. Metro Plex is cool with certain guitars and plexi is good too but my beef with Synergy is that it is not clear or present or amp-like. Sure it sounds good when playing it alone, but a/b it with a Salvation Module and you quickly realize that the the tone on the SYN stuff is very polished and sound like a guitar is coming out of a PA or something.

That being said, can you describe the 800 a little more in detail? I was thinking of trading something for that one and regret I did not get it but in the videos, it sounded a bit unlike a JCM800 so i decided to stick to Mash-all+ and other Marshall based modules.

I too missed my return date, i would have returned a few for sure. They're cool but some are just not my bag.

For myself and all of us know tone, feel, etc is subjective but the 800 has an more open sound, little more grit(not buzzy)and the mids seem to be where I like them. I did have the DS and liked it. Hope this helps a bit!

thanster2000 said:

That's because a LOT of people miss that Anthony designs his modules to sound like you "wished the amp sounded" or how you made it sound after you put 6 other rack units in front/behind/between the real amp. Synergy is trying to replicate the base amp... dumbasses LoL

Capt_Tippy said:
thanster2000 said:

That's because a LOT of people miss that Anthony designs his modules to sound like you "wished the amp sounded" or how you made it sound after you put 6 other rack units in front/behind/between the real amp. Synergy is trying to replicate the base amp... dumbasses LoL
Yes with all the added magic hiss and noise he puts in them. Along with the fact you have to dime the volume knob in order for his modules to play nice with other modules at equal volume levels.

Capt_Tippy said:
thanster2000 said:

Capt_Tippy, I don't know if that statement was meant for me or who, but Anthony has taken pride in his work and over the years has come up with some excellent designs. I was making by comments to what my ears are hearing and I'm still looking for a little something that's not quite there.

suzuki211 said:
Capt_Tippy said:
thanster2000 said:

Capt_Tippy, I don't know if that statement was meant for me or who, but Anthony has taken pride in his work and over the years has come up with some excellent designs. I was making by comments to what my ears are hearing and I'm still looking for a little something that's not quite there.

suzuki211, my comment was because of this statement "the SYN stuff is very polished and sound like a guitar is coming out of a PA or something"

This is JUST MY OPINION, but......... I realize that Salvation Mods are sometimes a little noisier, and I (personally) don't care. It "SEEMS TO ME" that when Anthony designs a module, he is going for the SAME tone I am trying to get out of my amp when I put $5000 worth of other gear in the mix. I end up with some noise when I do that too. I'm personally not even that interested in SYN stuff because they are modeling amps that most of the time I think suck (without 20 other things in the loop). I still add a few things in the loop with my Salvation Mods, but "to me" its a LOT easier to get the tones I'm going for.