Salvation Terrier - Holy ****

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylendm

Reaction score
So I've owned the Terrier for a while now and I've always liked it. It just has a great amount of flexibility and a different feel from the other high gain modules I have. I also own a Fryette Sig:X and I've never compared them back to back so I figured I'd give it a shot. I sent my RM4 with the Terrier into the FX Loop Return of the Sig:X and A/Bed them.

I honestly can't believe how close it is to the real thing. You can dial it in to ALMOST the exact tone.

I thought that the power amp of the sig:x might have been what was doing it but you can get extremely close with the Fryette 2/50/2 also. Granted it was a lot closer running into the real thing since the Sig uses KT88s and a Rectifier tube but I'm just shocked at how close Salvation got with this one.

If anyone is interested in the Sig:X and doesn't want to drop a lot of money, the Terrier will definitely get you there and then some since the Terrier also does a really nice clean tone too.

Just felt like chiming in on this and I might even make a demo of it if anyone is interested. :)

Oh man, seriously?!

The ONLY amp I would trade my V35 for is another Sig X. I have ALWAYS regretted selling mine back in 2014.

I have a JF Ultra Lead on the way, but I personally have no experience with the real thing. I only remember that the UL module I also had back in 2014 was much dryer than either of the Sig X or DL amp I owned. So much so, that I didn't really give it much of a chance, and the Salvation Pit Viper (Mamba) I was in love with at the time was literally the complete opposite tonally, so the UL never really had a chance!

Ah, looks like a Salvation Terrier is on the cards......

I had the same experience with the OR100 and a Framus Cobra. Those amps winded up FS because I didn't like the loops (and needed cash).

Salvo is a genius.

I had a Terrier back in the day. It was my favourite module. I bought my VHT Pitbull CL100 because of the Salvo mod.

I did a quick awful clip for comparison lol.
https://soundcloud.com/kylendm/terriervssigxmp3/s-IC2DX

Which is the real deal and which is the module? You can hear me changing it at around 0:33.

kylendm said:

Which is the real deal and which is the module? You can hear me changing it at around 0:33.

Can't say I'd be unhappy with either of those tones! \m/

Always wanted a Sig X.

kylendm said:

Wow, I couldn’t tell the different there! I’d guess the Terrier was first and the Sig X second, but there’s no way of really telling from the clip. I specifically A/B’d the first section of each clip where the low end really comes in, and I thought that would be the telling moment, but NOPE!

Yeah it was actually sig:x then terrier which is funny because I think the terrier sounded slightly clearer in that little clip.

That’s awesome. How do you think the Terrier and Cali-Lead compare?

I think the Cali-Lead is freakin awesome. It has that VHT/Fryette flavour down in spades! But I’m totally open for having more than one of that style mod in my collection!

Cali and Terrier sound completely different. Cali is much tighter and has a much more pronounced mid hump to it than the terrier. Cali also has much more gain and I think it sounds more compressed too.