phase issues when layered guitars

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClintBarton

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a single DI guitar take pumped into a bus feeding three auxes. The auxes each have a different Guitar Rig config on them and together I have a really good sounding tone. one aux is dead center, one panned left 25 pts, one right 25 pts. However, listening in the car reveals extremely weird phase issues, and examining the waveform verifies this (though I'm not certain what an acceptable difference in phase between left and right channels for a distorted guitar tone would be). Sliding the right channel a few samples here or there doesn't solve the problem. Any suggestions?

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13235
Animated Explainer Video Studio

Thank you

There's always a bit of latency when you 'reamp' or run any audio through any circuit (analog can be worse than your case) try to magnify all the waves and see if the peaks and valleys of the audio match. make small adjustments and listen. (start 2 at the time and when you are happy, ad the 3rd one)

extra tip, pan them all in the centre or listen in mono during the matching process. You should hear a big difference.

Good luck

re reading your message, are the car speakers in phase? Have you listened to it in other systems?

is any of the guitar tracks using any modulation?

are the bass track in phase? (they could be messing up your perception of the guitar)

Try a plug in like Melda Mauto-align.
I am using it at the moment to phase align room mics and it works great.