Synergy 5050 vs Other Power Amps vs Amps with FX loops

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBubba

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying the Synergy 5050 power amp, but so far, there are only a few user reports.

Those of you who own the 5050, could you tell me if there any good? How does the 5050 compare to other power amps you owned? Is heat a major issue?

Would it be better to buy a clean fender style amp with a loop? The Brunetti Singleman is a blackface style amp that I could get for almost the same price as the 5050. It, too, has 6L6 tubes and 50 watts. Would you still opt for the 5050 in that scenario?

Thanks!

I haven’t found heat to be a major issue. For me the form factor was probably the most important thing. I’ve got my Syn-2 and a 5050 in a 2 space head shell (previously in a 2 space rack case) and I’ve played for hours at a time with no issues.

I recently replaced a Fryette Power Station in my dedicated recording rig with a 5050 and I’m much happier. The PS-2 is too linear for my tastes as a stand-alone Power amp. I haven’t tried any other stand alone power amps like the RT2 or the Mesas for instance, so I can’t comment on those.

I’m quite pleased with my 5050s. They do the job and they sound great. Have not felt the need to buy any other amps at all.

BigBubba said:
I'm thinking about buying the Synergy 5050 power amp, but so far, there are only a few user reports.

Those of you who own the 5050, could you tell me if there any good? How does the 5050 compare to other power amps you owned? Is heat a major issue?

Would it be better to buy a clean fender style amp with a loop? The Brunetti Singleman is a blackface style amp that I could get for almost the same price as the 5050. It, too, has 6L6 tubes and 50 watts. Would you still opt for the 5050 in that scenario?

Thanks!

I've owned the Mesa Boogie Stereo Simul-Class 2:Ninety and Stereo 2:Fifty. Both are great power amps but I like the Synergy 5050 better. The Synergy has a great touch response and sounds great at any volume.