best mods for prog/tech metal?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What would be some good mods for progressive/technical death metal? Based on the soundclips that I have heard and reading around here has led me to believe that the 1086 might work out pretty well or the recto with the .001 would work even better. I loved the recto tone and the bass was definately there but the low end was so loose that it totally turned me off to DR stuff. I read you can mod the recto to make the low end tighter for palm mutes and stuff... Is this something that is easy to do for those of us who have NO clue about circuit boards?

Now what do I do about a clean? I need a great clean tone and my guitar has emg's in it. I read somewhere here that it can be tough to get non-distorted clean tones from the modules... can anyone help me out with any of my questions?

TVC

belive it or not i got a killer clean tone from the plexi. I had the gain at 9:00 and the level at 3:00 and it was one of the best clean sounds i have heard. Very warm!!! I have a musicman luke with emg's and i had to do a show with just one mod which was the plexi. So i had the gain at 2:00 and when i wanted a clean tone i rooled back the volume on the guitar and it sounded very very nice.