[No title]

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
Is it just me, or are the vast majority of the Synergy modules not really dual channel. They do have 2 channels, but mainly appear to be 2 of the exact same sound.

For example, I own a Jaded Faith dual Ultra Lead and one channel is normal, the other is boosted. Tonally they are similar, as they are the same preamp, but they are very different channels, that produce very different tones.

Several of these mods - Metroplex, Plexi, 800, BE, HBE, SLO, VH4 appear to sound virtually identical when the 2 channel are set the same.

It’s a bit surprising that in most cases the Synergy mods were not at least set to Ch1 - Crunch / Ch2 - Lead settings, or even “normal / modded” channels.

I get that you can set the channels very differently to achieve different tones, which is cool. It just seems odd they are basically 1 channel preamps separated for the sale of being dual channel, than actually having tonal differences.

My feeling is that a lot of those amps you’re referring to are basically one trick ponies to begin with. So the modules basically emulate what you’d get with the actual amp. For the Synergy modules I don’t ever set the channels the same anyway. I set one my second channel with more gain and slightly more volume so it kind of acts like a gain boost for solos.

And that’s a fair point, that if you’re just setting them different anyway, then it’s not much of an issue. It’s true that a lot of amps mentioned are mainly single channel anyway, and I guess 2 channels are better than one! Haha