Synergy at summer namm (2018)?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warmachine67

Reaction score
Anyone know if synergy is attending summer namm.

I keep waiting for these grand announcements and new modules but their Facebook page is dead.

That, and their modules are pretty much out of stock everywhere.

Guess the slow pace is par.

They were there, in the Boutique Distribution booth.

I got to play around with the BB/BE and the OS modules for a good bit today. I was actually quite surprised at the impression I walked away with. I know which module is next on my short list, and I’m kind of shocked to say it’s NOT the Friedman...

Both were great but I was floored by the OS. I didn’t really want to stop playing it.

They had a Savage in the rack as well but I didn’t try it. Not really my thing.

I asked and was told the delays across the board were due to some kind of supply change. He told me probably in the next 30 days or so.

No Bogner module; he said that's still being worked on (Uberschall).

The OS is the Overdrive Special, yes. I was prepared to not particularly care for it based on past experience with those types of tones, but it was pretty amazing for the 10 minutes I got to play with it.

tnjazz said:

The OS is the Overdrive Special, yes. I was prepared to not particularly care for it based on past experience with those types of tones, but it was pretty amazing for the 10 minutes I got to play with it.

What woiuld you compare it to? I've had an eye on Kinsley's Pedal preamps for a while, but the 1 year wait has put me off...after that dumble type of mimdrangy very in your face tones.

Actually I liked it because it was NOT a heavy midrange kind of sound like I was expecting. It was there, but much less in your face. I had a COD for a while which was way too mid focused for my tastes, and I have an OD Special which is a little less pronounced but still mid-focused. This module seemed to be less than both of those, but I'm sure those mids could easily be dialed in more. It was just a stellar clean tone and an amazing light crunch sound on the red channel. I took a pic of the settings it was at, that's how much I liked how it sounded. Judging from where it was set, it certainly has plenty more gain on tap although I didn't go there. For clean and blues it's all you'd ever need. Anything more, that's still a question mark.

tnjazz said:

strange, I really thought the Ecstasy would have been first seeing as it's the more universally known and used Bogner.

Any rumors or Fryette or peavey?

I noticed on reverb that synergy has added Fryette as a partner, as well as 65 amps and sound city (I think).

I would just be happy if the engl and od modules were available, but hope the other names make it soon since all their other synergy modules sound so good.