RM50LB

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RD/Rich

Reaction score
Check out this one off peice that we did a few weeks ago when George Lynch was in town. What do you guys think?

RM50LBFNT.jpg

RM50LBBCK.jpg

RM50LBSIG.jpg

Is it sat on top of a Lynchified MTS 2x12? Cool...

FWIW I never cared for the G12T75 that I had in my RM50B..would have been so much better with a v30 or the C90 like MB use in their combos.

Are you going to be oferring Lynch custom stuff or is this a one-off?

This is actually just sitting on a Lynch Box cab. I have a dealer that is having a few custom Lynch Box 2x12 made though so there will be a hand full available by the end of July. If you actually wanted a "custom"cab made w/ a specific speaker, just let your dealer know, and we can probably do it. We have already done a few jobs like this already. See my cab as an example.

hey Rich,is the BLACKFACE module "faceplate" a custom one-off also? it looks like it's a totally "black" faceplate,w/white lettering & black chickenhead knobs...i'm curious???

We have those for all of our modules now. I actually prefer them myself because they don't show fingerprints like the silver face plates. Plus, they look really sharp in all of the amps. If you are interested in picking up a few, you can contact your local dealer to purchase them. You could also purchase them online at randallamplifiers.com (end of shameless plug :D )

Those black panels look great!
I was browsing the site and i couldn't find them though by some reason (just saw the regular blackstripe panels and the sig models).
Btw Rich, which other modules asides the blackface did you guys made them for?

metalmm785 said:
Those black panels look great!
I was browsing the site and I couldn't find them though by some reason (just saw the regular blackstripe panels and the sig models).
Btw Rich, which other modules asides the blackface did you guys made them for?

I just took a look and it looks like you are right. :oops: They were up there for a little while, but it looks like they have been removed. You can still order them from your local Randall dealer. If you need help finding one just let me know.

We currently have black face plates for every module EXCEPT the signature modules.

I am going to sell this one off RM50LB (unloaded) to a dealer. If anyone is interested, please shoot me a PM.

JKD said:
Is it sat on top of a Lynchified MTS 2x12? Cool...

FWIW I never cared for the G12T75 that I had in my RM50B..would have been so much better with a v30 or the C90 like MB use in their combos.

Are you going to be oferring Lynch custom stuff or is this a one-off?

i agree with you totally, the GT12T75 sounds like crap in the RM50 combo, no matter how you slice it. V30 would be much better. Last week when I had my RM100 in repair, I ran the RM50 into my MTS cab, it does help but not that much, the difference between the 100 watt head and 50 watt combo is night and day, way more tonal character on the head.

Ok... that wins the award for "only cooler-looking RM50 than my Palomino"...

palomino.jpg

FWIW... I swapped out the G12T75 for a Classic Lead 80, and have been quite pleased with the results... a bit rounder and less brittle.

--B

8) The Palominos are soooooo sexy. I sold one of my custom XXL cabs in green alligator so that I could get 2 2x12's in Palomino. I can't wait till their done. It'll be interesting to see how they look together when I set them up w/d/w w/ my other XXL 4x12. :twisted:

It's mine!

I sent the amp to Dave Friedman, who tweaked it and installed a MM OT, and he also modded a Mr. Scary and a Brahma module for me. The Brahma look is off for this amp, but that may be changed down the road. It has the Eminence Super V12 speaker. Sounds a lot bigger than I'd expect from a 1x12. Just starting to fully explore it. Brahma sounds more like the mid 80s Dokken to me than the Mr. Scary though. Mr. Scary more for later 80s Ratt-like tones though, and very fun on its own. Forgive the picture - I think an outside in the sunlight shot would do this amp more justice than a "in a basement at night" shot. It looks cooler in person than any picture of it that I've seen.

BTW, I heard it was a one-off, and I see that it is a one-off, but how exactly? What makes this one unique?

Picture002.jpg

George was in town for an apperance and was at the factory checking things out. Doug had manufacturing whip one of these together for him, to see what the RM50LB could look like. I was in the room when he was checking it out and he definatly thought it was cool. He signed this combo a few heads and a bunch of modules (coming soon). That is an truly one of a kind peice. Right not it is the only one in existance and it's signed.