Pod HD500 fun

Discuss other gear: guitars, amps, FX

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

withmittens
Lynch Box

Pod HD500 fun

Post by withmittens » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:07 pm

I had one of these before I had any MTS. It was the idea that got me searching for more tone options in a rig. While digital has it's downfall, ie sometimes fizzy sounds and not so realistic breakup and poor dynamics, it does have a great fun factor. In fact, it was the Pod's Hiwatt, deluxe and AC30 models that got me looking for a way to have them all in one tube rig. Way better than any previous digital I had.

For a while I used the Pod with 4cm into my RM50. It was super fun to have all those options through a Tube amp. Of course MTS won out and I got tired of setting up all the nonsense.

This particular Pod unit has a ton of effects options and a vast library of user patches in the Line 6 library. I've been in a playing slump lately and I've always found that new gadgets have a way of inspiring new play. Plus they're pretty cheap nowadays

So I have this thing coming and I have to say I'm pretty excited.

Anyone play with these?
RM22, RM4
CrazyNuts' Dirty Sanchez, DuoPlex, Selma, Supra, Twinface, Evil Kitty, CC30, XTC
SG, LP Std., Strat

withmittens
Lynch Box

Post by withmittens » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:24 am

and just as I remembered the AC30 model through a clean Twinface is more AC30 like than anything else I've tried, other than an AC30. Clean and just edge of breakup tones are full and amp-like. Surprisingly better than I got with any MTS AC module.

The effects models are pretty good as well. It's a great grab and go solution
RM22, RM4
CrazyNuts' Dirty Sanchez, DuoPlex, Selma, Supra, Twinface, Evil Kitty, CC30, XTC
SG, LP Std., Strat

IBA
RM20

Post by IBA » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:06 am

The Hiwatt model on the pod 500hd is brilliant! it sounds really full and organic.

withmittens
Lynch Box

Post by withmittens » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:27 am

it is. for some reason Hiwatt models in many modelers and VST's are really good. The Pod has a good one.
RM22, RM4
SG, LP Std., Strat