Pod HD500 fun

Discuss other gear: guitars, amps, FX

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

withmittens
Lynch Box

Pod HD500 fun

Post by withmittens » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:07 pm

I had one of these before I had any MTS. It was the idea that got me searching for more tone options in a rig. While digital has it's downfall, ie sometimes fizzy sounds and not so realistic breakup and poor dynamics, it does have a great fun factor. In fact, it was the Pod's Hiwatt, deluxe and AC30 models that got me looking for a way to have them all in one tube rig. Way better than any previous digital I had.

For a while I used the Pod with 4cm into my RM50. It was super fun to have all those options through a Tube amp. Of course MTS won out and I got tired of setting up all the nonsense.

This particular Pod unit has a ton of effects options and a vast library of user patches in the Line 6 library. I've been in a playing slump lately and I've always found that new gadgets have a way of inspiring new play. Plus they're pretty cheap nowadays

So I have this thing coming and I have to say I'm pretty excited.

Anyone play with these?
RM22, RM4
DuoPlex, Selma, Supra, Twinface, Evil Kitty, CC30
SG, LP Std., Strat, TELE

withmittens
Lynch Box

Post by withmittens » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:24 am

and just as I remembered the AC30 model through a clean Twinface is more AC30 like than anything else I've tried, other than an AC30. Clean and just edge of breakup tones are full and amp-like. Surprisingly better than I got with any MTS AC module.

The effects models are pretty good as well. It's a great grab and go solution
RM22, RM4
SG, LP Std., Strat, TELE

IBA
RM20

Post by IBA » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:06 am

The Hiwatt model on the pod 500hd is brilliant! it sounds really full and organic.

withmittens
Lynch Box

Post by withmittens » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:27 am

it is. for some reason Hiwatt models in many modelers and VST's are really good. The Pod has a good one.
RM22, RM4
SG, LP Std., Strat, TELE