Price check on my RM100KH made for Kirk

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyeball987

Reaction score
I have had several Randall modular amps and have owned this one since January of 2010. Love it but might need to make some space for some Synergy stuff. Or just keep it.

If I were to post it for sale locally loaded with my all time fav JF Brahma, JF Scary, and a stock Clean, what would be a decent starting price? I would prefer not to ship this thing due to the weight so my potential market would be very limited.

This is the one that Randall made 3 of for Kirk with a purple LED lit plexiglass panel etched with Randall. Kirk received 2 and I picked this one up from a friend of the Randall rep at the time.

Great looking amp but as a collectors piece, would probably keep it...unless you can find a collector but they'd probably want the KH1/2/3 ?

JKD said:
Great looking amp but as a collectors piece, would probably keep it...unless you can find a collector but they'd probably want the KH1/2/3 ?

Agreed. I wasn't really considering it a collectors piece for me but others might. Should have kept the KH1/2/3 that came with it but the modded module bug bit me hard back in 2010, 2011, etc...

There is a very good chance that it will stay where it is but I just have a hard time holding onto several amps at a time. Even though I love they way they look sitting on the rack in my jam room!

After playing the amp over the weekend for a bit, I think it will stay. It just sounds bigger and better than my DSL and Tverb.

Each of the other amps can sometimes fit specific tones a bit better but overall, the RM100KH wins in the tone department for me needs.

Honestly if I were you I’d keep it especially if you’re limited to a local/pickup only type of sale.

Sadly the Randall MTS gear doesn’t have much resale value.

For example a year ago at the local Sam Ash I got an RM100 head and a dozen modules for under $500. Most other MTS amps and mods I had picked up second hand were no where near the prices they sold for new.

Looking at used gear selection at music go round, Sam ash, guitar center, etc the values aren’t too high and you’d probably be sitting on it a while trying to get top dollar.

If anything I’d look into amp mods from jaded faith he does mercury magnetics transformers, cathode bias switch, negative feedback control on the new foglifter, added gain stage, etc. you may find the amp to reach new levels in flexibility, feel, reliability with those mods and the synergy modules are backward compatible.

As someone above said, the RM100s are tough, I've bought several loaded with 3 mods for under 500 bucks. The RM50s seem to hold their value somewhat better, but not much. I'd keep it...it's a great head.