Synergy and Helix

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky

Reaction score
Is anyone using the Helix to switch channels via MIDI in either the SYN 2 or Egnater amps? I have a question about how to set up a FS in FS mode to do this or if it is possible.
thanks

It's definitely possible. I have mine set up to use the instant commands when you switch patches or snapshots, but you can also set it up to do it on fs press if you want.

Just make sure you have the midi cable going from the out of the helix into the in of the syn2 & that they're on the same channel. Go to the helix command center (details in the manual or follow this link: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/973310/Line-6-Helix.html?page=38).

Then pick which FS you want to trigger the command or use the the instant commands if you want it on patch/snapshot switch and assign the proper CC command to be sent. The Syn2 channels are as follows:

CC Number Function
56 Select channel 1A
57 Select channel 1B
58 Select channel 2A
59 Select channel 2B
60 Bypass
64 Mute

There are more specifics in the synergy manual but that's pretty much all you have to do unless you want to get fancy or hook up multiple SYN2's or other devices (in that case I think you need to set them on separate channels, etc). Syn2 manual can be found here:

http://www.synergyamps.com/support/summary/2-manuals/13-syn-2

Wow! thanks a lot! I can't wait to try it out later. I have been able to switch channels by switching patches. Basically, when you have a patch/amp combination, you just hold the channel switch on the SYN 2 until it blinks and then it is stored. It would be great to be able to do this again via a FS without changing patches and it seems that you have it down. I am a midiot who in the 80s got cocky and thought that guitarists would never need to know midi. I am eating those words. Again, thanks.

No problem. I forgot to mention, the command center is accessible from a tab in the helix edit software as well, so I usually do it there rather than directly on the unit via the menu. Either way will get you there though.

The Synergy and Helix systems are definitely a match made in heaven; 4-cable'd it then from the Helix into a poweramp/cab setup is so good. Best of both worlds. The only thing I'm gassing for now is more modules.