SYN-50

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisB

Reaction score
Anyone have a SYN-50 that they could review? I am thinking about getting one but can't find any pro's and con's online

Plus one. Keen to know if you can put EL34s in one side and use existing 6L6s on the other, and dedicate modules to them by midi switch, like I can on my RT50. Are the modules voiced only for 6L6 power sections, or do the Marshall type ones sound even better with EL34s. Also keen to know if this amp sounds better than the RT50.

Plus one. Keen to know if you can put EL34s in one side and dedicate modules to them by midi switch, like I can on my RT50. Also keen to know if this is better than the RT50.

I ended up getting the SYN-50 from Sweetwater last week and I am not disappointed. I have been searching for an 2 channel tube amp that has a great clean channel and awesome distortion. I finally found it, this is the best sounding rig I have ever heard. I have the SLO and T/DLX modules in the SYN-50 running into an Egnater 4x12 cabinet with Vintage 30's. I am glad they went with the 6L6's vs the EL34's, sounds great!

Plus one to find out whether you can run two of them, each with different tubes.

werdna said:
Plus one to find out whether you can run two of them, each with different tubes.

It's only 6L6's in the Syn-50 and the SYN50/50 AFAIK - the manuals actually don't mention tubes anywhere that I can see? Quite a drawback compared to the MOD50 and the RT-2/50 which would take just about any octal power tube you could bias in them.

That’s the problem with MTS as others have said
It’s the fact your stuck with a 6l6 power amp
Marshall modules sound best w EL34 Vox with EL84 Class A
So when I read reviews that most seem to love the
T/D SLO Bassman it not surprising as those are the ones that match up closely
Same for The upcoming Engl and Bogner XTC should work too as the new XtCs are 6L6 based
So IMO if you are going for That tone the Syn heads should be decent
If you can’t use EL34 the more Marshall module will be less impressive and authentic

One thing for sure they really NEED to step up production in 2019
Or they won’t survive