Noise between channel switching on the V2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onegunguitar

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any noise with the V2 going from the clean to the gain channels? When I switch between the two I get an annoying pop/click kinda sound,the louder the amp the worse it is. I'm kinda thinkin' it's in the MIDI part of the amp-any ideas?

Yo Man, I get exactly the same thing. Its like a sort of clunk when I swtich to the Tube Channel. It doesn't happen when I use the buttons on the amp head only when I use the MIDI pedal.....

dan4132 said:
Yo Man, I get exactly the same thing. Its like a sort of clunk when I swtich to the Tube Channel. It doesn't happen when I use the buttons on the amp head only when I use the MIDI pedal.....
Yep,that's exactly what mine does,it sucks. I emailed a tech at Randall but haven't heard back yet. I wouldn't mind it so much if we didn't have 2 tunes with clean parts,but it's really annoying and when we go to record our next cd I won't be able to use the amp at all for those songs. We had a gig last Saturday night-I left the V2 at home because of it,what a bummer. :cry:

it's really annoying and when we go to record our next cd I won't be able to use the amp at all for those songs.

Why don't you just record a distortion track, and punch in where you need clean.

TheAbomb12 said:
it's really annoying and when we go to record our next cd I won't be able to use the amp at all for those songs.

Why don't you just record a distortion track, and punch in where you need clean.
Yea,that's an option I've considered,if it was a $300 dollar amp I could see maybe having to do that,but for what these amps cost,I shouldn't have to worry about doing any punching in (because of a design flaw). I'm considering selling it at this point-if anyone is interested in buying it,shoot me a pm.

how exactly are you recording your album? It really shouldn't be that big of deal punching in-- especially if you have a Good Engineer. In fact, I personally prefer punching in during transitions between clean and dirty, because it

A) allows me to hold out notes/chords through the transition-- something that is otherwise impossible in real time...

B) I often switch amps anyways, using one for cleans and the other for Distortion.

I don't think punching in is that big of price to pay if you want the best tone...If I were you, I would record your album (especially if you really like the Distortion Tone) then sell off the V2.

I can definitely understand it being a deal-breaker in a live situation.

Punching in sounds so much better than channel switching anyhow. Even if the V2 switched silently, as TheAbomb12 mentioned you can't fade the parts together. There's just no way to smoothly transition between those parts without punching in.

Mine also pops. It does a lot of other things it probably shouldn't too. :x

Sixstringhotshot said:
Punching in sounds so much better than channel switching anyhow. Even if the V2 switched silently, as TheAbomb12 mentioned you can't fade the parts together. There's just no way to smoothly transition between those parts without punching in.

Mine also pops. It does a lot of other things it probably shouldn't too. :x
That may be true with punching in parts,but in a live situation the "noise,pop/click" is amplified thru the pa,doesn't sound to professional plus like I said before,for the price of this piece of gear,it shouldn't make any noise between channel switching.Just my thoughts. :D

I totally agree. But since he seemed most concerned with the recording aspect, I thought I'd structure my comments in that direction.