Syn 1 through effects loop sounds boxy

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zombieskank

Reaction score
Im running my syn 1 with the SLO module through my 2018 marshall dsl effects return. I am plugging into the guitar input on the syn1 and the direct out is going to fx return. is it better to run the 4cable method or am I ok doing it this way

This method only allows you to use the module with the amp's power section. I think it would certainly be more versatile if you patched it in via the Synergy To Amp in and amp send/return loop. That way you could use tones from both the SLO and the Marshall.

yeah I just want to use the power amp section of the marshall. But when I use the syn1 into the power amp the tone sounds boxy and choked when I plug straight into the front of the marshall without the syn 1 it sounds open and alive. Is the syn1 overloading the power amp and causing compression or is that how it is supposed to sound?

zombieskank said:
Im running my syn 1 with the SLO module through my 2018 marshall dsl effects return. I am plugging into the guitar input on the syn1 and the direct out is going to fx return. is it better to run the 4cable method or am I ok doing it this way

Does it sound any different if you use the +4/-10db level switch - assuming your Marshall has that?

You should of course match the SYN1 send to that level also.

I’ve just purchased a syn1 and just tried running it in 4cm with my victory rk50 and I have the same problem, it sounds really boxy. The amp sounds much more open and alive with the syn1 bypassed.