Rack mounting SYN-1

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you'd have to have a 2U custom rack panel made. This is something Synergy should consider offering, honestly (like the rack kit Fryette offers for his PS-2).

The alternative of course would be to mount it onto a rack shelf.

I assumed a rack shelf would work. I started thinking through options that would add some protection as well, but wanted to see if something existed that I hadn't been able to find.

I dont own one yet...planning to order today or tomorrow...how hot do they run temperature wise...what type of ventilation would rack mounting require?

I'm curious about others that have come up with a good rack/shelf mount solution for live use with a small head & cabinet- please post suggestions. I just ordered an open box SYN-1 from Sweetwater, won't be able to try it out for 2 weeks due to travel, can't wait! It will live in the loop of my Tweaker 15 head, which is exactly the same depth as the SYN-1 (8.5 inches), and the Rebel 112X cabinet I'm using. Just setting it on top of the head will probably leave it hanging precariously over the edge, and at risk for getting knocked/pulled off, probably need to get a shallow 2U rack to set on top of the cabinet for the SYN-1 & put the head on top of it, it's light. Might get a 3U/4U and add a rack mounted power supply.

Because I just got a SYN1 at a good price, no plans to jump up to a SYN2 for nearly double that. I only play live gigs a few times a year, including an outdoor venue with 6+ players on stage (lots of people rotating on/off for a few songs each, many chances for my rig to get bumped). Rest of time I'm in home studio or garage jams with friends. Somebody must be using a SYN1 live & have come up with a method to keep from getting knocked off a head, with a rack mount shelf or some other way...

9985 said:
Because I just got a SYN1 at a good price, no plans to jump up to a SYN2 for nearly double that. I only play live gigs a few times a year, including an outdoor venue with 6+ players on stage (lots of people rotating on/off for a few songs each, many chances for my rig to get bumped). Rest of time I'm in home studio or garage jams with friends. Somebody must be using a SYN1 live & have come up with a method to keep from getting knocked off a head, with a rack mount shelf or some other way...

I recently picked up a SYN1 myself, and it's a heavy lil' S.O.B., so now I'm wondering what you're doing in the home jams of yours you're concerned you're going to knock it off the top of your rack case. :p

RipperShred said:
so now I'm wondering what you're doing in the home jams of yours you're concerned you're going to knock it off the top of your rack case. :p

MOSH! :twisted: No, maybe I didn't state that clearly, I'm not worried about it at home, have plenty of room to just set it on a table/desk- I'm just concerned about it in the live/outdoor gigs with a bunch of other people walking on/off stage in tight spaces. My RM100 is both very heavy and overkill for those shows, I play mic'd/DI out to PA with fairly modest stage volume, so using my smaller head with the SYN1 in the loop & a 1x12 cab is what I plan for this coming year, just need to keep it from getting smashed. I've been really busy over holidays, have yet to actually fire up the SYN1, just grabbed most of my modules today, will mess with it over the weekend to get a feel for its dimensions on my rig.