Cab Help

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan4132

Reaction score
Yo Guys,

Just wondering if some people can help me out. I am looking for a second cab to go on my Randall stack. I have a V2 head and a angled randall cab already (couldnt tell you which model number as I can't remember off the top of my head). Anyway...anybody have any ideas on which one to go for? Would I have to take the casters off the bottom of my angled cab as I can't see any randall cabs that have the caster supports on them?!
Also how do you wire these things up...?! Like do you take the L output into one cab from the head and the R output to the other? And then Ohms becomes a fator...?!

Soo many questions....

Appriciate your help guys!

The ohms are the important factor.They should ideally match(each cab having the same ohm rating). The V2 goes down to 2 ohms so you should be ok. If you run 2-16 ohm cabs,the load would be 8 ohms,2-8 ohms would be a 4 ohm load and 2-4's would be a 2 ohm load.Whew!! The V2 does it automatically and even if your cabs don't match,you should be ok, like I said,since it goes down to 2 ohms on the head. As far as left/right outs,it don't matter,they are not stereo outs since it is a mono head. :twisted:

Cool thanks for getting back to me man! Woa...that is alot of info to take in. The cabs that I am getting are Randall cabs with the Jaguar speakers in(not sure of the model numbers). So they will go with the head.

So I can run one cab from the left output and one cab from the right output ok?

Thanks

Dan =)

dan4132 said:
Cool thanks for getting back to me man! Woa...that is alot of info to take in. The cabs that I am getting are Randall cabs with the Jaguar speakers in(not sure of the model numbers). So they will go with the head.

So I can run one cab from the left output and one cab from the right output ok?

Thanks

Dan =)
Yep! :D :D