SYN-30

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veets987

Reaction score
Been eyeing the SYN30... was curious if this thing has to be blasting to get to a sweetspot since it doesn’t have a true power amp master volume?

It would be great if it doesn't need to be cranked up, I didn't know for sure so I went with the SYN-50. The SYN-50 works great at any volume but it would be nice to have the SYN-30 combo for portability.

I just picked up a SYN30 combo yesterday. So far I have the HBE and SLO modules. The amp has a very, very pristine clean channel with a lot of headroom. The clean channel volume works fairly well, on par with the Friedman Runts if you e played them before. The two modules I mentioned sound ok at bedroom volume. They really start to open up just below playing with a rock drummer volume. Much past that I don’t notice a dramatic difference in the tone/volume ratio.

Tweaker74 said:
I just picked up a SYN30 combo yesterday. So far I have the HBE and SLO modules. The amp has a very, very pristine clean channel with a lot of headroom. The clean channel volume works fairly well, on par with the Friedman Runts if you e played them before. The two modules I mentioned sound ok at bedroom volume. They really start to open up just below playing with a rock drummer volume. Much past that I don’t notice a dramatic difference in the tone/volume ratio.

Can you get the clean channel to breakup without it being crazy loud? Or if I put a boost in front does it cause a big volume increase or does it mainly start to breakup nicely?

Can you get the clean channel to breakup without it being crazy loud? Or if I put a boost in front does it cause a big volume increase or does it mainly start to breakup nicely?
veets987, late to the party here but the clean channel doesn't break up much at all even at cranked levels. The channel takes pedals very well, however so the options are there. As far as MV goes, I've been using a passive attenuator that sits on top of the amp and it works great. Hope that is helpful for you or anyone else looking at these. They're getting harder to find.