New to Randall interested in the T2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thinlizzycat

Reaction score
HI GUYS

new to the randall forums like to say hello and wish everyone on here well my names Russ from ireland nice to meet u guys online.

anyways ive been looking at the randall t2 & v2 on here and thought i should join the forums to get some feedback on these amps.ive heard very little so far and offcourse both amps are hard to judge with the mp3 clips .allthough in saying that the t2 does sound more tube like than the v2, im selling some equipment so im in the market for a good metal halfstack.ive always liked the randall gain my neighbour has a rg 100 combo and always thought it sounded mean with plenty of balls so that was my 1st introduction to Randall amps.

is there any t2 or v2 owners on here that could put up a few clips , playing fancyfull isn't an issue just the sound of the amp pure and honest.also living in ireland doesn't help as we always have to take chances ordering on the blind going by reviews and sound clips on the net.so i kinda would like to make a good decison the t2 is the amp thats grabbing my interest at the moment.the BIG question IS IT WORTH IT ?

Cheers Guys!

Russ

ps and yes i am a metal head high gain all the way baby!!!! :twisted:

Hi

I own a T2 and it's fantastic. I've had it for just over a year now and love it more every time I use it. I had to have a minor repair done on it a few months ago and the store (Andertons in Guildford UK) let me borrow a V2 for the month it took to fix it. The V2 was no where near as good in my opinion. The T2 is a much warmer, less focused, natural sounding amp. Think JCM800.

The distortion is really warm, crisp and clear.

The real difference is the mid sweep control. I can get exactly the sound I want with it. It really allows you to craft YOUR tone.

The T2 has replaced my much love Slash Signature head, one of the best tube amps ever made. I really think the T2 is better in every way.

It really is the dogs bollocks

I agree!! I have a T2 I use in a power pop/alt situation and boy, does it deliver--the mid-sweep is a great feature to 'dial-in' your sound, for the most part--I run this thru a Marshall 1960 slant JCM900 cab loaded w/ 80-watt Celestions @ 4 ohms, it sound fabulous thru it