Friedman BE50 or SYN50 and BB/BE and DS modules

Area for the Synergy line of amps and modules
Spencer4hire
RM100

Friedman BE50 or SYN50 and BB/BE and DS modules

Post by Spencer4hire » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:59 pm

I am getting real serious about pulling the trigger and buying a Friedman BE50 head but wanted to know if I would be better off $ wise doing the Synergy route. Does the Synergy get close enough? Let me say first of I have had SG Marshall module, Jaded Faith RR Platinum,J-Plex,JFM800 and the Salvation Mashall and none of these to my ears gave me a totally accurate Marshall tone. What do you think?

chrismilne
RM100

Re: Friedman BE50 or SYN50 and BB/BE and DS modules

Post by chrismilne » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:42 pm

i would go with the head if i were starting over.
Synergy: Syn-2, SLO, Metroplex, BE/BB
Randall: JTM, Clean, Blackface
Egnater: EG2
Strymon Flint and Mobius, TC Triple Delay, JHS Andy Timmons, Kemper, Ventris, Koko Boost, Carl Martin AT Compressor, Proanalog MKIV Fuzz, Ibanez TS9dx

skracus
RM20

Post by skracus » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:17 am

Spencer4hire wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:59 pm
I am getting real serious about pulling the trigger and buying a Friedman BE50 head but wanted to know if I would be better off $ wise doing the Synergy route. Does the Synergy get close enough? Let me say first of I have had SG Marshall module, Jaded Faith RR Platinum,J-Plex,JFM800 and the Salvation Mashall and none of these to my ears gave me a totally accurate Marshall tone. What do you think?
I have a BE50 as well as the Synergy Friedman BE/BB and HBE modules and I'm happy to plug into either. Comparing them through the same cab or with a load into an IR they are very very close.

Mike P
Lynch Box

Post by Mike P » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:07 am

Spencer4hire wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:59 pm
Let me say first of I have had SG Marshall module, Jaded Faith RR Platinum,J-Plex,JFM800 and the Salvation Mashall and none of these to my ears gave me a totally accurate Marshall tone. What do you think?
If none of those modules are providing you with an "accurate Marshall tone", then there's no way the Friedman head will do so because it's not a Marshall clone in any way, shape or form. It's Dave's Marshall tone, which while very desirable, is certainly not "accurate".
www.mikeplas.com
Jaded Faith: Vybe Deluxe
Sacred Groove: MK22+|Rectifier
Salvation: Camerica
Synergy: SYN-2(4)|Diezel VH4|ENGL Savage|Friedman HBE|Metro Plex|Soldano SLO
Synergy Amps Artist: http://synergyamps.com/artists