Clip of brown mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
Modded a brown MTS module for Dave Caldwell... here's a clip of it done real quick and dirty:

http://members.cox.net/musicfiles/DCbrownMod.mp3

reverb was post recording, gain was at noon, so was volume on module, RM100 w/EL34s barely cracked open - it was low enough that my wife was watching TV with no issues with a door open in the next room.

I know I clammed it a bit, but what the heck, one take and all. I also plugged it into a cheap-o Peavey 4x12 with stock sheffield speakers, whatever they are. One SM57, M-audio audiobuddy, stock soundcard on HP tower.

Pete

tlingen said:
Pete, what does it turn into with the gain up around 3/4?

It saturates more. One of the hard parts of getting 'that sound' is to get the balance between drive, punch and 'give/sag'.

Pete

tlingen said:
Do you have the dry guitar track you could post?

I don't think so... I tend to dump the recorded tracks once I mix down. I'll look though.

Pete

You're in luck, I still had the track. Here you go...

http://members.cox.net/vht50/DCbrownfade.mp3

Starts off with dry guitar, then I fade in the backing, then I fade in the reverb panned hard to the side. Cut it off after a few verses, but that should work for ya.

Pete

mesa-vht said:
A little off topic--Where did you get the backing track from? Did you program it?

Scott

Found it somewhere. I have a TON of mp3 files. Might have been back when they had that backing track forum.

Pete

tlingen said:
Sounded great. I just wanted to hear it dry, thanks.

Thanks man, I felt kinda naked though without the 'VH reverb' and the backing going though! :)

Pete

I would totally rather you do it. I am a randall dealer (former) here in Tucson and I also tour with the RM100.

Let me know how $$ to do the mod you did on your brown and to do the whole sheband on the Recto (faceplate etc...)

Phil Hemmo
[email protected]