Old And New Egnater Modules, TONE and Voicing

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NuSkoolTone

Reaction score
So does anyone knoe the deal between the old and new EGNATER modules?

I know the new ones are:
-Two channel
-Require the new Egnater chasis/heads to get access to both channels.
-Only the A channel will work on the Randall/Old Egnater stuff
-All the Old Egnater Modules are fully compatible.

I have nearly all the Randall modules (9 at this time) that interest me, and one Egnater Module. I want to expand more into the Egnater modules and as I look on Ebay and forums I've noticed a Trend.

All the Sudden it seems the OLD egnater Modules are going for as much as the New ones! Well Hell, if the A side works, might as well get the new one then and be a little future proof no? I mean Either way it's a one channel module so no big deal right?

Here are my questions for those that know:

With the Exception of the E3/4 module, because that answer is obvious. Are the A and B sides of the modules VOICED THAT differently, if at ALL? Particualrly the Fender modules, and the SL2 I am interested in.

I think I've also heard someone imply the older modules sound better for some reason. I can't see why, but anyone WITH FIRST HAND experience care to share their impressions?

Inquiring minds want to know....

It depends on the module, some are voiced the same and some are different. Don't know off hand which is which though.

I bought my M4 in the "transition period", resulting in me getting a new M4 but loaded with single channel modules. A bit annoying since I feel I may need to buy some modules twice...

I've got 5 single channel modules and just recently received 2 dual channel ones; the EG3/4 and Deluxe. Since I don't have single channel versions of these I can't really say if they sound different from their single channel counterparts. I'm a bit curious myself though, since there's this pronounced midrange "thing" going on with both of the new ones that I don't find in any of my single channel modules. It may very well be that the single ch versions of EG3/4 and Deluxe also have this midrange..."thing" (less smooth than the single ch modules I have (Twin, Bassman, Vox, Recto, HiGain)).

It's an expensive game, but I'll probably have to find out sooner or later :wink: