My Recto cap mods and observations

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff R

Reaction score
My best friend and I played around with both recommended cap mods on my Recto module this weekend. I use a RM50B combo.

As expected, both mods effectively shave the tubby mush low that comes in from overdialing a older stock Recto module, so one or the other cap recommendations is definitely recommended.

We tried both the .001 and the .0022. After plenty of testing, we went with the .0022 for its overall performance.

The .001 axed the tubby and increased right hand articulation as promised, but it ate away TOO much of the low end for my ear. It sounded great at higher volumes but left something to be desired at practice-around-the-house volumes. Just a little too thin.

The .0022 also killed tubby and increased articulation but performed much better than the .001 at lower volumes. It still sounded **** good at high volumes as well, it just took a very slight adjustment of the "bass" knob on the module to compensate for the pushed power section.

Just wanted to share our observations with the forum.

PS: We did the recommended resistor change on the older Blackface module too. Again, definitely recommended!

Latest posts