Bduersch

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtr31

Reaction score
Hey ,
Still loving your old Vendetta .But id really like to know how the Modules compare /
Id especially like your opinion on the SL2 and MHG you have in transit.
Im curious as to how they stack up the CH4 on the Vendetta and which modules are similar in voice ..
cheers!!

Just got the email from Frank saying that the new modules (COD, T/D, SL2, MHG) will ship Tuesday (tomorrow). :)

So far I'd say the most similar modules to the Vendetta are the VX and E-RECT (probably no shocker based on the original description of the Vendetta... kind of Bruce's take on the Vox/Rectifier tones while the TOL's were his take on Fender/Marshall tones).

In direct comparison, I think the VX and E-RECT are a bit "colder" sounding than the Vendetta, but that's their nature... I've always thought that real Voxes and Rectifiers sound a bit cold. Will be interesting to see how the SL2 and MHG stack up...

On a side note, though, I will say that it took less time for me to dial in tones I liked with the Vendetta than the M4 and all the modules... maybe it's just too many tonal options to have to deal with at once.

BTW, I know I still need to do some demo clips of all the modules... my studio was out of commission for a couple months this year, then I started procratinating until the 2nd round of modules arrived. I think the last round of serious recording I did was using the Vendetta for my band's 3-song demo.

--B

Hey ,

My feeelings exactly there is SOME recto vibe to the fourth channel of the Vendetta but it crossed with Marshall Characteristics as well.
With the Mode switch in Modern plus the descriptions on the Egnater website I have a sneaking suspicision that channel has an MHG flavour .the MHG probably has more Low and more gain but the voice may be similar .You'll have to get back to me on that .
I want to hear you opinion on that one and the SL2 in hot mode .
Hope all is well .

Congrats on your new purchase.'s

Cheers!!!

gtr31 said:
With the Mode switch in Modern plus the descriptions on the Egnater website I have a sneaking suspicision that channel has an MHG flavour .the MHG probably has more Low and more gain but the voice may be similar .

Yeah, that makes good sense, actually, since the MHG is described as somewhere between the SL2 and E-RECT, and I would describe the Vendetta as somewhere between a TOL100 and Rectifier. If so, the MHG will probably become my main heavy rhythm tone, and the EG3/4 will become my main solo tone.

--B

Hey BD,

Hope you got the new mods and they arrived safely .

I cant wait to hear your review of the MHG and SL2 as well as the TD .

Im seriously contemplating the Mod 50 head >(weight lol may the V is heavy.lol) id like the vendetta channel four .same warmth may just a bit more low end .but an overall similar tone as im spoiled with that .

Cheers!!!!