To KhingPynn: new guitar ,eh?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tung

Reaction score
Hey Craig,
I saw on the other forum that you got a new Kamikaze. That's a sweet looking axe, I used to own 2 Kamikazes, sold them and regretted it, especially the orignal black one. The green one was loud andn in-your face 80's, I just didn't like the maple neck, too bright.
The headstock is very unusual on yours. Never seen it before. How does it sound through your LB?

Hey Tung... it's a brite guitar with so much maple and a Screamin Demon. What I do is use the Density to thicken things up ( around 3 O:clock ) and all is well. It sounds great thru the Lynch Box on the Brahma I find I have to turn back the treb a bit but on the Mr Scary and the Grail it's great I'm lovin it so far.
I like demons and I like maple guitars so it's right up my alley.
The ESP single coil is smooth and fairly round and it has definition so I find it to be adequate... it may grow on me more who knows.
The Kami definetly gets that GL tone but more Lynch Mob than Dokken.

Did your Kami's have neck joint plates? This one does but the Kami 1 I looked at did not. It had what they call a Queen neck joint and I did not really like that much. The Star neck joint which is on the Kami IV I bought is much better for me.

Khing

Some of the neck joints ESP offers...

http://p222.ezboard.com/fespguitarsmessageboardfrm19.showMessage?topicID=637.topic

khingpynn said:
Hey Tung... it's a brite guitar with so much maple and a Screamin Demon.

Did your Kami's have neck joint plates? This one does but the Kami 1 I looked at did not. It had what they call a Queen neck joint and I did not really like that much. The Star neck joint which is on the Kami IV I bought is much better for me.

Khing

Craig,
glad to hear it's working out for you. The 2 Kami I used to own both had the Queen neck joint, no plates. Soundwise, the Kami 1 black just totally blew away the Kami green. The green had so much brite, like you said, but it still has some of the thickness that the original black has. i just don't like the brightness of the maple.
It looks amazing though, I bet nobody could resist looking at the thing if you play a gig with it, it's like eye candy, but a great playing guitar as well.

Admittedly the Kami 1 edged out the Kami IV in the tone department. I said that to the shop owner and my wife but when weighing all the pros and cons I went with the Kami IV. If the Kami 1 stays there long enough I may go back and take a crack at it. Its such a NICE GUITAR!

Khing

Any of you have an opportunity to play one of the M-1 Tigers through a Lynchbox?

Tung... the Kami is not as brite as when we first talked about the tone.
I've changes the string to my usual brand of D?ddario xl's and now it sounds much much better.

I believe it came with boomers which were very brite and thin and effected the guitars overall tonality.

With the xl's in place I'm very surprised at how not brite this guitar is compared to other all maple guitars I own and have owned.
It's thick with pronounced upper mids but a very nice clear lower mid and bottom... piano like is the only comparison I can give it.
I'm just blown away by how the Scremin Demon sounds in this guitar... it seems made for it! Very round and sweet tone... xl's to the rescue bro.

KHing

I thought the Green was bright compared to my Black Kami, which in my opinion, is the best sounding Kami. But the Green still kicks *** though, I used to use D'addario 11's on them, did make it sound a lot fatter and more tone, you can have a lot more attack and dynamics too.
BTW if i had a choice, I would have a Green Kami with the Black's ebony fingerboard :lol: