KT88 tube question RM100

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohdonor

Reaction score
Hey guys i'm currently running 2 JJ KT88 on the outside slots and 2 JJ E34L's on the inside. Amp sounded real good so I went ahead and bout another pair of both the kt88 and e34l's just incase something goes wrong i'll have a pair to change out. My question is, if I want to run a full quad of KT88's I bought the seperate pairs at different times, so the pairs are matched but its not a matched quad. The outside tubes match and the inside tubes match will there be a problem if they are not a matched quad?
Thanks

you'll be fine, each tube bias's individually, just set the pairs the same.i run my amp with a quad of 88's biased at 50-52. i like it better with the quad than the 2 34's an 2 88's. it sounds alot meaner and punchier with much better bass. i play metal though and that works for me, the 2 el34's add nice harmonics and have good top end though but for what i play it didn't have that great of low end like that, it was kinda round and fat instead of deep and rich. biasing shouldn't be a problem though