RT2/50 schematics?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjmmusic

Reaction score
Does anyone have a copy of the RT2/50 schematics they could send me? I tried Randall, but they claimed they didn't have them (translation: we don't give them to regular guys like you. :roll: )

aha! trying to figure out why the channel switching isn't working on that ebay purchase you outbid me on :wink:

I have heard some comments about the midi channel not being configured right on some of these. It's a set of DIP switches inside and at some point I ran across a link with the details of the DIP settings (do a search on Midi)

Hey RJM, glad to see you on other boards than the Thorn forum sir! Yeah Randall refuses to help out with stuff like that, kinda lame IMO. I had the name of the guy who actually did the MIDI work for Randall however when I contacted him in the past he said he would not help either as he's not paid for helping Randall. :cry:

Actually, I kinda did you guys a favor by winning that auction. The RT2/50 basically doesn't work at all. I've been in contact with the seller and he's willing to go through the damage claim process, but I stupidly threw away the packaging, and UPS needs to see it. Plus, last time I did a UPS damage claim I ended up in the end with no item (broken or otherwise) and no refund. So I'm not a real big UPS fan anymore. :roll:

Anyway, the auction ending price was low enough that the RT2/50 was more or less free, so I don't feel too bad. I probably can fix the thing, but having the schematics would sure help.

Doh! I have to admit I was a bit suspicous of the whole "no power tubes included" clause - it's part of why I set my max price where I did.

Man, I wish you the best of luck... it should be like any basic power amp though, check the supply voltages, look for burned components, cracked PCB's, and check the output transformer for shorts/opens. If these parts work then it's on to the switching electronics - where, as you indicate, you will probably need a schemtic.

From the looks of the insides of my RM4, it seems that Randall is using opto-switches of some kind, compared to relays used by Egnater. You might try looking at the control voltages for these - if they are in the RT2.