RM100M and Switching Guitars Live

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muskpsmesane

Reaction score
Hey guys, iv got a question about playing live with the rm100m. Im planning on getting one and in my band, we play at two different tunings so i have two guitars, one in one tunning and one in the other so when i have to, in the middle of a set, all i have to do is put one guitar down and pick another up. Of course you dont want to just unplug the chord from the guitar while leaving your amp on and u dont wanna just turn your amp off cause then you would have to wait for it to warm up again and all. So i was wondering should i think about a morley aby selector/combiner or will just switching on and off the standby button on the head itself work for me?
devin

my guitar has active electronics and everytime i go to take a piss or get some grub from the front of the studio in rehearsal, i turn the head on standby and unplug my guitar. Its not a big deal at all

Also if you use a tuner inline you can switch to the tuner (silent mode) then swap guitars. I use a Peterson StroboStomp. when I want to swap guitars I just step on the tuner then unplug and swap guitars

no problem

I also use a tuner for this (I use a TU2, easier to see on stage IMO)
added advantage, you can check the tuning in the new guitar before you return to full volume

I use custom Bayou Cables and I had one made with a G & H "Silent" connector at the end that goes into my guitar. The silent connector has a special sleeve that shorts the signal once you unplug your guitar, and then when you plug another one in it reconnects the signal. Works for me! :) The tuner idea is also good.

In my band we use 4 different tunings to cover all the 80's stuff we play so I switch guitars frequently. I simply turn the amp to standby, switch guitars, turn the standby switch back on.