New Hectic Watermelon tune in progress: ?Hot Mama?s Music Bo

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Czajkowski

Reaction score
low-crawling under the wire at Fort Mastercard
UPDATE #1: Hot Mama?s Music Box (rehearsal edit)

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5660083&q=hi

Here is the 2nd production phase of one of our new tunes, ?Hot Mama?s Music Box? that will be on our new album I?ve begun writing for when I?m not sleeping. Phase one was just two ghost guitars and a drum loop to try to keep the swing consistent for the drummer and bassist. We didn?t have enough time to actually learn it all the way through yesterday, but we at least got the different sections under control. This is a big edit job of us rehearsing each section in a loop and keeping the best one?trying to listen to the drum performance as the priority. Today, I re-recorded my guitars with my amps cranked a lot harder than I had the last night. Call it laziness, but the clean rhythm guitars were from my original ghost guitar mix except for in the Clint Eastwood and bass solo sections where they are out in the open. It will be cool to play this one live a bunch and really get it gelled before we record the final version.

The idea with this recording (other than the cheap advertisement for our tour), is that we will just listen to this thing as much as we can stand the first leg of our drive as we guzzle gas up to San Luis Obispo. Hopefully, we?ll be able to pull it off from beginning to end. Come to a show, and see if we are champs or chumps!

ORIGINAL POST: New Hectic Watermelon tune in progress: ?Hot Mama?s Music Box.?

Although I love surprises, I thought I?d share a new tune I?m working up in the rawest stage for the HWM album number two. Don?t worry, the album won?t be called ?Number Two.? (although I did consider it) As we head off on our Cali Tour in a few days, I?m trying to get the guys together to learn two more tunes before we split. Those of you who may be at any shows, please don?t heckle us if we screw these up, as it normally takes us forever and a year to learn new material. These are more straightforward than the stuff I subjected us to on the first album, and they are still nice tunes I think. Enough blah-blah-blah. Here?s the ghost guitar pre-production mp3 I?m soon sending off to the guys. This tune shows my obvious love for EJ?s music. It?s called ?Hot Mama?s Music Box.?

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5649950&q=hi

That does it. I'm buying a dang Fulltone Fuzz. 69 is discontinued so I'll have to go with the Ultimate Octave.

Any way, looking forward to hearing the new album. I'm sure it's gonna be good. Say healthy on the road John, be a good boy.

Hey Tommy,

Don't get that fuzz, get the white one - the Soul Bender, I think it's called. My buddy, Brian Kahanek, of Guitar Hero fame, has they most amazing collection of fuzzes, and he swears by the SB for the woolly mamoth sound. The 69 is really difficult to dial in. Half that tone is what happens when you boost the SL.

I will be nothing but a good little boy on the road, don't you worry. My goal is get in my daily run in and eat my morning granola and yogurt, avoid greasy crap, the usual. I am really excited to go run up where we are playing. It is some very beautiful country up there!

Hey John,

I checked the HC website, and noticed you're playing in HB, but I couldn't find any details. Where are you playing in Huntington Beach? I live in The OC? and would love to try and catch your show! :)

Thanks,
Orren

Hot Mama?s Music Box (rehearsal edit)

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5660083&q=hi

Here is the 2nd production phase of one of our new tunes, ?Hot Mama?s Music Box? that will be on our new album I?ve begun writing for when I?m not sleeping. Phase one was just two ghost guitars and a drum loop to try to keep the swing consistent for the drummer and bassist. We didn?t have enough time to actually learn it all the way through yesterday, but we at least got the different sections under control. This is a big edit job of us rehearsing each section in a loop and keeping the best one?trying to listen to the drum performance as the priority. Today, I re-recorded my guitars with my amps cranked a lot harder than I had the last night. Call it laziness, but the clean rhythm guitars were from my original ghost guitar mix except for in the Clint Eastwood and bass solo sections where they are out in the open. It will be cool to play this one live a bunch and really get it gelled before we record the final version.

The idea with this recording (other than the cheap advertisement for our tour), is that we will just listen to this thing as much as we can stand the first leg of our drive as we guzzle gas up to San Luis Obispo. Hopefully, we?ll be able to pull it off from beginning to end. Come to a show, and see if we are champs or chumps!

Orren said:
Hey John,

I checked the HC website, and noticed you're playing in HB, but I couldn't find any details. Where are you playing in Huntington Beach? I live in The OC? and would love to try and catch your show! :)

Thanks,
Orren

Hey Orren,

Thursday Aug 23rd at the Blue Caf?. We have an early set at 8:00 pm. I'd sure love to play for you - and hopefully meet you too.

Latest posts